!**Official 'Friday Funnies' Thread**!

Status
Not open for further replies.
gplus5260349020264693006.gif

Taking it in the seeds for science.

True story.

I went to a Catholic middle school where four homerooms would compete at recess in softball games. We played on a blacktop parking lot with painted bases, and gravel before it was blacktopped. (We also played "monkey in the middle" "smear the queer" and other playground games when snow covered the lot in the winter that would neither be safe nor politically correct today) Anyway, they were real games, where teachers kept a running score during the week, and where there were consequences for the losing team, such as clapping erasers for a week. I remember baserunners crashing into the catchers trying to score.

That was in the late seventies. What glory days. You wanted to win bad. Because clapping erasers was one of the worst forms of punishment you could bestow upon a student.

Anyway, seeing the picture of the mock guillotine at what looks like a schoolyard brought back memories of less politically correct days, when BVM stood for "black veiled monsters".

True story.

I went to a Catholic middle school where four homerooms would compete at recess in softball games. We played on a blacktop parking lot with painted bases, and gravel before it was blacktopped. (We also played "monkey in the middle" "smear the queer" and other playground games when snow covered the lot in the winter that would neither be safe nor politically correct today) Anyway, they were real games, where teachers kept a running score during the week, and where there were consequences for the losing team, such as clapping erasers for a week. I remember baserunners crashing into the catchers trying to score.

That was in the late seventies. What glory days. You wanted to win bad. Because clapping erasers was one of the worst forms of punishment you could bestow upon a student.

Anyway, seeing the picture of the mock guillotine at what looks like a schoolyard brought back memories of less politically correct days, when BVM stood for "black veiled monsters".

I don't know about it being a schoolyard. Those look like mom's cookie sheets used for blades on the guillotine. Suspended from a feather duster. :) The clothing looks like 1930's.

True story.

Today if your kid even says smear the queer (not that there is anything wrong with that) they would be suspended. Political correctness in this country is a disease.

Today if your kid even says smear the queer (not that there is anything wrong with that) they would be suspended. Political correctness in this country is a disease.
My roommate and I hung a Confederate flag in our Currier Hall dorm room in 1986.

That would be a no-no today.

The guys one floor directly below us hung a Nazi swastika flag in their room.

True story.

We always played tackle football. One kid broke his collarbone. Kids these days are a bunch of pansies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts