****Official Eat Crow Thread******

I'm not shoving anything in anyone's face. I just want all the coaches on this board last week to either admit they don't know as much as they thought and maybe PSU isn't as bad as some thought or just leave for good.

You are right Penn State is very good. Even the High Powered Purdue offense could only hang 18 on them.

You are a clonebag.

A ton of you including the owner of this site have some crow to eat. I know none of you will probably man up and post in this thread about being wrong about the offense being pretty good when they don't face a top 5 D and on the ROAD at that but I hope it taste good.

I am very glad Iowa won the game. The offense came to life, the defense bowed up when it had to. I picked NW to win 34-31. Iowa's offense scored 34 and NW scored 31...the Hawks added a pick six...the Hawks scored 10 points off of two short porch field positions due to onside kicks.

It was a close, sea-saw game just like I expected to see.

Had Iowa won the game 60-10, I'd order up a steaming pile of crow. This game was played mostly how I expected, with the defense making more plays than I thought they would make in spite of the 16 of 22 third downs, time of possession landslide, 92 plays for the opponent. I was impressed with their effort.

I am very glad Iowa won the game. The offense came to life, the defense bowed up when it had to. I picked NW to win 34-31. Iowa's offense scored 34 and NW scored 31...the Hawks added a pick six...the Hawks scored 10 points off of two short porch field positions due to onside kicks.

It was a close, sea-saw game just like I expected to see.

Had Iowa won the game 60-10, I'd order up a steaming pile of crow. This game was played mostly how I expected, with the defense making more plays than I thought they would make in spite of the 16 of 22 third downs, time of possession landslide, 92 plays for the opponent. I was impressed with their effort.

Not sure I follow all this....no need to rationalize your prediction. Just because you picked Iowa to lose doesnt make you any less of a fan. It makes you a bad prognosticator but thats it :)

Go hawks

Yesterday afternoon, I gave us a fair chance to win, but I was honestly expecting the Hawks to lose something to the tune of 27-17.

I knew NW and Persa would move the ball and score some points (and they did) but our defense stepped up more than I expected (and when it HAD to) and did a good job of applying some pressure.

Regarding our offense - I expected them to bounce back some after a miserable game in Happy Valley, plus being back in Kinnick. But I'll admit I scoffed a little at Jon's prediction that Iowa would break the 30 point mark, mostly because I thought NW would chew up too much clock with their possessions and limit our number of possessions. But our offense looked really good last night.

So I'll take a little bit of crow and will enjoy every mouthful. But am not doing it to make the OP happy.

My question is for Jon. How does a thread become official? Do we have to ask for your permission before we put official in the title.

Because "official" does mean authorized or endorsed.

I'm not shoving anything in anyone's face. I just want all the coaches on this board last week to either admit they don't know as much as they thought and maybe PSU isn't as bad as some thought or just leave for good.

No, they are. PSU was very fortunate to beat Purdue at home yesterday and with their remaining schedule they just might win one more game rest of the year.

This is a smooth post.

agreed. jd has the impression that he is better than he is. he has to attempt to break down why his pick was actually right when it was wrong. don't have to eat crow given the 'devils in the details', or what ever other smarmy saying he'll inject in to the conversation......

1-7 on third down is NOT a good offense....particularly against NU

1-7 on 3rd isn't good, but the offense put 34 points on the board. I can't complain about the offense last night, especially since that unit only had the ball for 21:37.

If I have a concern coming out of the game it's the fact that we still gave up almost 500 yards of offense, and 16-22 on 3rd down.

No, they are. PSU was very fortunate to beat Purdue at home yesterday and with their remaining schedule they just might win one more game rest of the year.

I disagree. They have the best defense in the Leaders,and as the season wears on,defense gets more important. They will beat NW next week,and beat the Illini and Nebraska in Happy Valley. OSU in columbus will be a toss-up,but even if they drop one,they will go into that last game in Madison with a chance to win the Leaders.

Purdue was outplayed,but hung in there with a long runback,a fluke interception off a PSU players shoe in the end zone, and a decent running game. PU is improving,but PSU dominated that game for the most part.

PSU will not get style points,but like the 2002 Buckeyes and 2009 Iowa teams,they will just win ugly.

Pass me the ketchup, I will gladly eat crow for an Iowa win.

BTW, I am prediction Iowa to lose 24 to 20 to Indiana also. :D

After a big win, playing down for Indiana, I could see it but I hope not. Keep that offense throwing the ball and we win.

I disagree. They have the best defense in the Leaders,and as the season wears on,defense gets more important. They will beat NW next week,and beat the Illini and Nebraska in Happy Valley. OSU in columbus will be a toss-up,but even if they drop one,they will go into that last game in Madison with a chance to win the Leaders.

Purdue was outplayed,but hung in there with a long runback,a fluke interception off a PSU players shoe in the end zone, and a decent running game. PU is improving,but PSU dominated that game for the most part.

PSU will not get style points,but like the 2002 Buckeyes and 2009 Iowa teams,they will just win ugly.

Intersting. I don't think PSU is going to win another B10 game this season.

Win @ IND and home wins over Iowa & Purdue. Most BCS conference teams would navigate that schedule with a 3-0 record.

Chalk it up to very different opinions I guess.

Latest posts