!*****Official Do Or Die IA vs IL Game Thread*****!

DLjzoqgV4AAAxp8.jpg

LMAO at the ISU defensive player they are interviewing right now. “We just believed that we could come in here and compete with the fourth place team in the country. We players hard and played a bend but don’t break defense”

First they are the #3 team in the country and second he is confused on that bend don’t break defense. That’s the team about 100 miles east of you.

ISU improving Iowa's SOS.

for what? Taxslayer bowl to outback bowl? it only matters if they were fighting for a playoff spot. I really don't care, it just makes their fan base more annoying. it will make their fan base obnoxious for a week, before reality kicks in.

for what? Taxslayer bowl to outback bowl? it only matters if they were fighting for a playoff spot. I really don't care, it just makes their fan base more annoying. it will make their fan base obnoxious for a week, before reality kicks in.

:oops: Sarcasm, my friend.:rolleyes:

my sarcasm meter sucks. It takes a minute or two before the light bulb come on.:)

understood. Jon removed the sarcasm button with the last update and now we're all floundering. I was guilty last week of sarcasmism. i was called a sarcasmist and i felt shitty the whole rest of the day. So, really, it's Jon's fault.

Dont let their fans annoy you, they have so many young fans who have no idea that ISU has never done anything of real importance in the world of college football. Just ask them how many rose bowls and orange bowls they have played in and if they have a national championship, hell they dont even have a big 8 or big 12 championship or division title. I am glad they won and OU is the same as with stoops losing to at least one team each year they should blister.

Speaking of orange bowls, remember when the big 8 conf champ played in the orange bowl over a 30-40 year period and ISU never played in one Orange Bowl. The hawks dont have good bowl record recently but they always play up to a higher ranked team usually.

Fair enough, although I am not sure why that isn't a coaching point during practice this week.

But now that the message has been delivered...??? What's he at now? 20+ carries with full quarter to go?

Yes and it looked like he was going straight ahead more often or making just one cut and going.

Dont let their fans annoy you, they have so many young fans who have no idea that ISU has never done anything of real importance in the world of college football. Just ask them how many rose bowls and orange bowls they have played in and if they have a national championship, hell they dont even have a big 8 or big 12 championship or division title. I am glad they won and OU is the same as with stoops losing to at least one team each year they should blister.

Speaking of orange bowls, remember when the big 8 conf champ played in the orange bowl over a 30-40 year period and ISU never played in one Orange Bowl. The hawks dont have good bowl record recently but they always play up to a higher ranked team usually.

I live in central Iowa so I can't do the rah, rah for the state of Iowa thing. If I lived anywhere else and I would have the pom-poms out for ISU, not here. Can't do it.

I live in central Iowa so I can't do the rah, rah for the state of Iowa thing. If I lived anywhere else and I would have the pom-poms out for ISU, not here. Can't do it.

I live in Des Moines and am totally a hawk fan because my parents took me to games in 1957 and more years after that, a golden time. I am ok with ISU but they just didnt have the big wins and reputation that Iowa had.

I have had to give a history lesson to many an ISU fan about football and basketball.

I live in Des Moines and am totally a hawk fan because my parents took me to games in 1957 and more years after that, a golden time. I am ok with ISU but they just didnt have the big wins and reputation that Iowa had.

I have had to give a history lesson to many an ISU fan about football and basketball.

When i moved to central Iowa 20 years ago it felt like a 50/50 split. Now i walk into Hy-vee and I feel out numbered 10 to 1. It just feels like if they ever get their football program right, it is time for me to head South.

When i moved to central Iowa 20 years ago it felt like a 50/50 split. Now i walk into Hy-vee and I feel out numbered 10 to 1. It just feels like if they ever get their football program right, it is time for me to head South.

haha, not sure where you shop but I think there are more hawk fans around des moines than clown fans, maybe 60-40

haha, not sure where you shop but I think there are more hawk fans around des moines than clown fans, maybe 60-40

Maybe I am just paranoid, but it feels like if ISU ever gets their football program right, central Iowa will become Cyclone country.

Maybe I am just paranoid, but it feels like if ISU ever gets their football program right, central Iowa will become Cyclone country.

You think folks will flip? It would still be The Hawkeye State. ISU being better only helps...whether it is beating them, losing to them(hopefully rarely), exposure to the game nationally, etc.

If they become a solid program, it only helps. Hawkeye fans should welcome it, them being a perennially bad team doesn't do us any good, even beating them.

Beat them when their a 6,7,8+ win team = no more Perceived " weak schedule " BS.

You think folks will flip? It would still be The Hawkeye State. ISU being better only helps...whether it is beating them, losing to them(hopefully rarely), exposure to the game nationally, etc.

If they become a solid program, it only helps. Hawkeye fans should welcome it, them being a perennially bad team doesn't do us any good, even beating them.

Beat them when their a 6,7,8+ win team = no more Perceived " weak schedule " BS.

Easy to say for a guy living in Omaha. For Hawkeye fans living in central we are thinking, " oh, gawd, what if Matt Campbell figures this out?" Even if Campbell can't figure it out the saying goes: "the sun shines on a dog's ass some days", well it is going to shine on ISU at some point. I am Jaime Pollard's biggest fan because I don't think he will ever find a coach that will be successful at ISU.

ISU being relevant only matters to Iowa maybe every 6 or 7 years? I rather have them suck than have to admit this is a cyclone state. I am like a spoiled rich kid that's a only child whose parents are about to have a second kid. I don't like it and i don't want to have to share with anyone.:)

Latest posts