******Official Big Ten (and ISU) in Bowls thread********

as long as we keep beating them like ginger step children I could care less

I dont know Minny's roster but if they lose some really good players every year and cant quite reload then they are a 7 or 8 win a year team for a long time to come. I dont know if Minny can get enough stud recruits each year.

Fleck does get his guys to play hard even when they’re getting kicked around.

I think he could elevate them to the kind of program Iowa has had the last few years. 7/8 wins with a couple upsets here and there but also the inexplicable losses that offset them.

The big question for them going forward to get to that level will be can they sustain the OL & DL play they got against Wisconsin & GT? And they had the luxury of facing 2 bad QBs in those games with little to no receiver threats.

Fleck does get his guys to play hard even when they’re getting kicked around.

I think he could elevate them to the kind of program Iowa has had the last few years. 7/8 wins with a couple upsets here and there but also the inexplicable losses that offset them.

The big question for them going forward to get to that level will be can they sustain the OL & DL play they got against Wisconsin & GT? And they had the luxury of facing 2 bad QBs in those games with little to no receiver threats.

Thats an understatement. Man GT was just plain bad on offense. I don't think you can tell anything about minney from that game. And remember Hawks kicked them around in the trenches. Until they can solve that you have a 6 win team.

Oh, and for Minney to kick WI's vaunted O line around....most overrated O line in the country.

I dont know Minny's roster but if they lose some really good players every year and cant quite reload then they are a 7 or 8 win a year team for a long time to come. I dont know if Minny can get enough stud recruits each year.

They're the youngest P5 team in the country. Just over 50% of their team are Freshmen or RSFreshmen, and plenty of them play.

Thats an understatement. Man GT was just plain bad on offense. I don't think you can tell anything about minney from that game. And remember Hawks kicked them around in the trenches. Until they can solve that you have a 6 win team.

Oh, and for Minney to kick WI's vaunted O line around....most overrated O line in the country.

That OL pushed Iowa’s DL around pretty easily. They’re 6th in the nation in rushing offense even though everyone knows they can’t throw. Better numbers than last season in yards per attempt.

Minnesota is an interesting team to watch going forward. Their late season wins against Purdue and at Wisconsin we're not mirages. They were the more physically superior teams in both games. They played a lot of underclassmen. They pulled another runnimg back out of their stable and he ran roughshod over GT.

Fleck will have his recruits fully in place next year. I don't have their Eastern crossovers in front of me but they clearly took a step forward compared to the team we pasted in early October. Ferentz has won five of the last six in the series. He will have a battle on his hands to make it six of seven.

Minnesota is an interesting team to watch going forward. Their late season wins against Purdue and at Wisconsin we're not mirages. They were the more physically superior teams in both games. They played a lot of underclassmen. They pulled another runnimg back out of their stable and he ran roughshod over GT.

Fleck will have his recruits fully in place next year. I don't have their Eastern crossovers in front of me but they clearly took a step forward compared to the team we pasted in early October. Ferentz has won five of the last six in the series. He will have a battle on his hands to make it six of seven.
Does Fleck have the decided strategic advantage of Brian Ferentz? That's what I thought. Iowa 62, Minnesota 10.

Does Fleck have the decided strategic advantage of Brian Ferentz? That's what I thought. Iowa 62, Minnesota 10.
We've definitely had the better of it lately against them. Hence the five of six. They were a different team, particularly on the defensive side of the ball, after Fleck bounced his DC as another poster pointed out.

I'm going against the grain here. I'm picking Miami to beat Wisconsin. I think they're sick of people essentially calling them pussies and Wisky isn't that good ...now 1 dimensional... and its not THAT cold

I'm going against the grain here. I'm picking Miami to beat Wisconsin. I think they're sick of people essentially calling them pussies and Wisky isn't that good ...now 1 dimensional... and its not THAT cold

They have the motivation.
This is a rematch of last year where the Badgers beat the Hurricanes in the Orange Bowl.
The game between Minn & Ga Tech was worth watching, I'm hopin this one will be too.

They have the motivation.
This is a rematch of last year where the Badgers beat the Hurricanes in the Orange Bowl.
The game between Minn & Ga Tech was worth watching, I'm hopin this one will be too.

Apparently nobody told Wisky they are supposed to lose.
Opening drive TD . . . and now an INT for a score

14-0 Badgers early in the 1st quarter

Well with 11:30 remaining in the 1st quarter Wisconsin is up 14 zip. and Miami isn't showing a pulse on defense.

soooo there's that

That interception is 100% on the inexperienced QB...looked like he was throwing it away...and he wasn't decisive in doing so. ... I htink

Latest posts