Offense: Middle of the field

DBAHawkFan

Guess safe to assume we don't attack this part of the field? We have such big TE that it seems like an obvious target area.

Just a bit tired of all the sideline passes. And won't start on the 3 yard out patterns

With hamilton & CJF in on so many two TE sets, you really got to wonder why they aren't being sent & thrown to more on seam routes.

If we are running these plays then maybe our guys aren't getting open. But going off of what I've seen on tv, our guys run 4 yards and go wide.

The play against NE was great last year, hitting the TE up the seam. Also CJF seemed to do better late last year and we haven't seen that this year.

This is something I thought was going to be a big weapon for us this yr. I would have put money on it that CJ would have a big yr this season. But it looks like they forgot that he was on the field because they sure ain't using him enough

If we are running these plays then maybe our guys aren't getting open. But going off of what I've seen on tv, our guys run 4 yards and go wide.

The play against NE was great last year, hitting the TE up the seam. Also CJF seemed to do better late last year and we haven't seen that this year.
I agree. If we're going to throw wide passes, spread the formation, and conversely, if were going to line up tight, use the TE's. Of course the possible response to why we haven't used them is "we're just setting the other teams up so we can spring it on them unsuspectingly".

The question is - why don't they go there? Is it because they don't try? Or - they try, but they're not open (or not being looked for)? Or - the defenses they've been against all scheme against it, so they avoid it? It seems like Iowa has a group of talented players at this position that should be getting more opportunities every game - but they're not. A head scratcher, for sure. I'd like to read others opinions as to why this isn't happening more.

There's a Flag on the play!!... Mike Flag.

Tight end up the seam was a Hayden Fry staple. The Cross Bucks too

Latest posts