Off Topic: King Kong Bundy has died

I guess we can say Fran & Dolph have officially buried the hatchet.
My first thought when I heard this today. Can't believe I cheered for someone with such a racist name. It wasn't his name I liked, I just liked the guys that weren't afraid to be cheatin' MF'ers. Hated the pretty boy rasslers.

Also, Bundy was the inspiration for the surname of the family in Married...with Children. He even appeared on there a couple of times, once as an uncle of theirs.

22.jpg

He would have made good NCAA official. He would have no problem allowing five seconds in the lane.

Bundy in his prime actually moved well for a man his size. His signature move was to throw his opponent into the turnbuckle, then charge all the way across the ring and squash them with his bulk.

this is why unconscious bias doesn't exist. dolph got railroaded and he capitulated. thanks for posting this hayden. but now i'm confused. should fernando have been offended for being compared to a fictitious ape-like creature or to a white wrestler?

Wasn't Brody mistaken for a drug dealer outside a hotel in Puerto Rico or the Bahamas and gunned down in cold blood?

He was stabbed to death in the locker room shower by his fellow co-promoter Jose Gonzalez (Invader I) in Puerto Rico. No one has ever pinned down what the issue was exactly, and Gonzalez was found not guilty by means of self defense. Most think it was murder but nobody would testify against him. Some were probably scared for their own lives but also Brody was a bully and every promoter he worked for had problems with him at one time or another. They'd actually rode together to the show that evening according to Dan Spivey (whom was scheduled to face Brody the night he died).

Verne Gagne made his pro wrestling debut vs King Kong Kashey back in the 1949.

There was also King Kong Kirk, a British wrestler, that passed away after suffering a heart attack during a match in 1987.

He was stabbed to death in the locker room shower by his fellow co-promoter Jose Gonzalez (Invader I) in Puerto Rico. No one has ever pinned down what the issue was exactly, and Gonzalez was found not guilty by means of self defense. Most think it was murder but nobody would testify against him. Some were probably scared for their own lives but also Brody was a bully and every promoter he worked for had problems with him at one time or another. They'd actually rode together to the show that evening according to Dan Spivey (whom was scheduled to face Brody the night he died).
Thanks. We lost Buzz Sawyer (overdose to painkillers?) roughly the same time we lost Brody. Both young men, maybe mid to late thirties I'm guessing, based on their time with NWA wrestling in the 1980's.

Latest posts