Of our highest rated remaining targets...

dhow

How many and who do we get?

RB Rodney Coe
OL Cyrus Kouandijo
DL Delvon Simmons
DL Anthony Zettel
DL Darian Cooper
DB Dondi Kirby
DB Raymon Taylor (IU commit)

I just don't have a good feeling about any of them.

Also, in no way am I inferring that we need to get the four and five stars to make it a good class, just to be clear

RB Rodney Coe-50%
OL Cyrus Kouandijo-10%(He sounds really high on NM)
DL Delvon Simmons-N/A not too familiar with him
DL Anthony Zettel- 0% his only interest is high in Mich
DL Darian Cooper-50% I think having Coker will help(same hs) and if Iowa lands him could help with Cyrus K.
DB Dondi Kirby-60% Could be tough because of he has listed but I feel strong about Iowa's ties to the east coast and PA specifically.
DB Raymon Taylor (IU commit)-40% I think Iowa stands a chance, he just got back from the visit and Indiana has a new coach.

Also, in no way am I inferring that we need to get the four and five stars to make it a good class, just to be clear

That is just my gut feeling without too much research on the players.

RB Rodney Coe
OL Cyrus Kouandijo
DL Delvon Simmons
DL Anthony Zettel
DL Darian Cooper
DB Dondi Kirby
DB Raymon Taylor (IU commit)

Maybe I'm being a little optimistic, but I think we'll get Coe, Simmons and his teammate Brandon Jackson, Kirby and his teammate Williams. Maybe I'm overestimating how much these guys want to play with each other, but we appear as one of the top programs to offer both guys on their HS team. I wouldn't be surprised if Law convinces Hendy who sounds like he could be better than his 3 star ranking.

Maybe I'm being a little optimistic, but I think we'll get Coe, Simmons and his teammate Brandon Jackson, Kirby and his teammate Williams. Maybe I'm overestimating how much these guys want to play with each other, but we appear as one of the top programs to offer both guys on their HS team. I wouldn't be surprised if Law convinces Hendy who sounds like he could be better than his 3 star ranking.
Agreed I think it will help that a lot of these are teamates. Out of all the guys listed I would love for Iowa to land Kirby the most, a tandem of him and Nick Law as safeties could potentially be great.

RB Rodney Coe (66%, I think he likes Iowa a lot and he should see some playing time next year)
OL Cyrus Kouandijo (10% but I doubt it's NM, I think it's Bama)
DL Delvon Simmons (25%, I like this kid, but I think he like Oregon)
DL Anthony Zettel (1% I think he's MSU's to lose)
DL Darian Cooper (25%, it's between Iowa and PSU, he needs to get on campus and realize JoePa will die soon)
DB Dondi Kirby ( 50% like Coe, but I think he could end up at WR)
DB Raymon Taylor (IU commit) (80% if he decommits)

I'll throw a few more that I'm really interested in personally:

Branden Jackson (I think he coms if Simmons does, about 10% if no Simmons)
Andre Sturdivant (50%, O% if OSU offers)
Armstead Williams (Depends on Kirby, but I say 40%)
Jeremiah Hendry (60%, Law's his buddy and he could be a Safety to play next to Law in the future)

75%......at least 1 current Hawk verbal will change his mind.

33%......more than 1

Why? Because it's a typical recruiting season and we've given opposing coaches a fair amount of ammo to plant in a young man's mind this particular season.

It will take one of this staff's best efforts to finish strong.......let's hope they can pull it together.

The trend as of very recently seems to be that we're focusing on programs that have some "uncertainty" surrounding them and / or perhaps some of the recent Hawk RB departures are sparking some interest from some.....makes sense as we're probably fending off some ourselves.

Recently announced visits....

McCall (MSU RB commit)
Pitts (Pitt CB commit)
Farrow (Colorado RB commit)

Also pretty highly rated Indiana recruit that I read somewhere is having some second thoughts and Iowa was mentioned in the piece. I see Belton from Pitt is having second thoughts. No mention of IA but why not if his teammate is visiting us?

How about RB Justice Hayes or CB Greg Brown (MI recruits) if Rich R. is given his walking papers after the bowl game? They had Iowa on the list at one time.

What about Ejaun Price? The other site has Iowa as a high interest. Does anyone know anything about this kid? Obviously Ohio State is in the mix, but is there a realistic shot with this kid?

What about Ejaun Price? The other site has Iowa as a high interest. Does anyone know anything about this kid? Obviously Ohio State is in the mix, but is there a realistic shot with this kid?

Last I knew, it could go either way.

Latest posts