October 8th, and We're First in Legends

wundergrape

...sure, all signs point toward crippling mediocrity...but let us take pause and celebrate this very happenstance and spurious fact.

First place, baby.

We should make a t-shirt saying "1st Place Legends Division, October 8 2012" to celebrate this milestone. Check that, we'll make an October 9, 10, 11, 12, celebrating every day this week. Quick, call the athletic department in Ames and find out the quickest way to get these t shirts printed.

It's 6:53 in the morning on a Monday, and W-Grape is still drunk.

It doesn't take a sober person to identify a cold, hard fact. Repeat after me, Ghost: "The First Place Iowa Hawkeyes Travel to Michigan State for a Legends' Division Showdown." It is what it is.

Repeat after me...

butthurt-face.jpg

We should make a t-shirt saying "1st Place Legends Division, October 8 2012" to celebrate this milestone. Check that, we'll make an October 9, 10, 11, 12, celebrating every day this week. Quick, call the athletic department in Ames and find out the quickest way to get these t shirts printed.
Do we have any surplus in the budget for billboards?

I applaud the attempt to sugar coat a turd and call it a churro, but in the end all you have is a sugar-coated turd.

I'm pretty sure you didn't even bother to read the initial post. I referred to our "crippling mediocrity," and called our standing "spurious" and "happenstance."

My post was intentionally farcical. If there was any sugarcoating, it was inferred by you. Sorry to disappoint.

I applaud the attempt to sugar coat a turd and call it a churro, but in the end all you have is a sugar-coated turd.

Let me preface this by saying I am NOT predicting or expecting that we will go undefeated the rest of the way nor am I expecting that we will we win either our division or the conference title.

However, seeing all of the Big Ten teams play for 6 weeks now, there isn't a game left on our schedule that we cannot win. What team left on our schedule looks unbeatable? All of the teams we will play in the future have their warts.

On the flip side, there isn't a game left that we can't lose. However, if we continute to improve, run the ball well, play solid defense and limit turnovers, we have a decent shot in every name.

As a lifelong Hawk fan, I will not give up on the possibility of the Hawks winning the Legends Division and a conference title until we are mathematically eliminated and I am looking forward to every game left on our schedule starting this week!

Go Hawks!

I'm pretty sure you didn't even bother to read the initial post. I referred to our "crippling mediocrity," and called our standing "spurious" and "happenstance."

My post was intentionally farcical. If there was any sugarcoating, it was inferred by you. Sorry to disappoint.
ab5.jpg

I called but they said they are too busy with their new "Iowa Isn't In The Top 25“ shirts to help out.

I called but they said they are too busy with their new "Iowa Isn't In The Top 25“ shirts to help out.

I know a guy who runs a landscape company. Call them back and tell them that if they get the shirts printed, I'll get they're grass seats properly treated before winter and even come back in the spring with additional spring treatment. Guaranteed no weeds or crabgrass.

Latest posts