October 14, 2006 - remember?

glidinghawk

Iowa played Indiana on this day in history.

The Hawks record was 5-1 and they were ranked in the Top 15.

The Hawks were coming off a tough loss at home to Ohio State two weeks before, then a huge win over Purdue at home the following week.

The Hawks had an experienced senior QB.

The Hoosiers had a strong passing game with a bunch of good receivers.

It was an 11:03 a.m. kick off on ESPN2.

Iowa lost, 31-28.

I don't think that will happen again, mainly because the Hoosiers QB can't run and is very slow. I don't think their team of 2010 matches up very well to their 2006 club. And Iowa is better now than they were in 2006.

But -- for some reason -- I have that terrible game of October 14, 2006, on my mind today.

That game WAS awful--- you forgot to point out too that we were up 28-7 going into 4th quarter weren't' we? and all of sudden, with like 7 minutes left in the game they came out of nowhere and it was one of the worst come back losses for us in recent memory--- then again, we had a senior QB who was no where near as good as Stanzi(plus who had way too many problems keeping the emotions in check)a 2010 IU team who is no where near as good as IU in 2006 i get where you going with this-- but again this should absolutely not be the case!

The Hawks were coming off a tough loss at home to Ohio State two weeks before, then a huge win over Purdue at home the following week.

Iowa lost, 31-28.

I don't think that will happen again, mainly because the Hoosiers QB can't run and is very slow. I don't think their team of 2010 matches up very well to their 2006 club. And Iowa is better now than they were in 2006.

But -- for some reason -- I have that terrible game of October 14, 2006, on my mind today.

Really?? I hate you!

I was at the game. As I remember, we were up 21-7 toward the end of the first half. Had ball on Indiana 4 yard line, Sims fumbled. Indiana gain about 20 yards and punted. We roughed the punted, Indiana scored a TD at end of half.

I do remember. I hope KF and staff have drilled that into our players heads, although with AROB and LB injuries we should have a high sense of urgency to get up on the Hoosiers quick and step on their throats. I'm a bit nervous too glidinghawk. I hope Coker and Rogers can do ok. I have a feeling we may see Hitchens at RB today

It's been quite awhile since we've seen an Iowa team NOT prepared. They've had some sluggish starts, but nothing like what happened earlier in KF's tenure.

O'Keefe gave up all those points against Indiana. The second worst game of the Ferentz era was the Indiana game in 2007 (worst was WMU same year). Indiana ran that same wheel route multiple times in a row until we moved our LB over to stop it, then they picked at the spot that was vacated. There was that one play where there was the fumble and Lewis picked it up and ran like 70 yards untouched. Indiana's offense dominated our D in every facet of the game, but that was also O'Keefe's fault.

That game WAS awful--- you forgot to point out too that we were up 28-7 going into 4th quarter weren't' we? and all of sudden, with like 7 minutes left in the game they came out of nowhere and it was one of the worst come back losses for us in recent memory--- then again, we had a senior QB who was no where near as good as Stanzi(plus who had way too many problems keeping the emotions in check)a 2010 IU team who is no where near as good as IU in 2006 i get where you going with this-- but again this should absolutely not be the case!

I think it was far closer than that going into the 4th. We may have even been behind - not sure. Someone else said we were up 21-7 in the first half, which sounds right.

That was an awful day - I was sooooo PO'ed after that game. The only game that season that I felt was worse, was the home loss to a bad NW team.

I don't think there will be any such issues today, knock on wood.

O'Keefe gave up all those points against Indiana. The second worst game of the Ferentz era was the Indiana game in 2007 (worst was WMU same year). Indiana ran that same wheel route multiple times in a row until we moved our LB over to stop it, then they picked at the spot that was vacated. There was that one play where there was the fumble and Lewis picked it up and ran like 70 yards untouched. Indiana's offense dominated our D in every facet of the game, but that was also O'Keefe's fault.

Listen pal, you just worry about the offense today ok?:cool:

Iowa lost, 31-28.

I hate you for putting this evil on us.

Latest posts