OC Needs to Be Relieved Friday @ 6PM

If KF sticks with his regular MO, there won't be any releases/retirements announced until signing day....

And I'm sure you're perfectly fine with that.

Nope....I'd rather he let him go after the Nebraska game since bowl game prep is all about getting your 2's and 3's a lot of reps....would be nice to get those reps with the new OC to get off on the right foot in 2017. But I wasn't stating what I agreed with or not, since it doesn't matter in the end....was simply stating how KF typically operates when it comes to staff departures....

If we try to get him to drink a ton of fluids, we can maybe get him to relieve himself prior to the game even being over. I'm hopeful maybe halftime. Wait, it's just a piss we are after right. I hate to have to call in the heavy artillery.

Maybe I am being naive I think the bowl game is GD last game as OC. Even with a bowl win I think KF knows it is time to hit the reset button with this offense.

Maybe I am being naive I think the bowl game is GD last game as OC. Even with a bowl win I think KF knows it is time to hit the reset button with this offense.

I'm not aware of any "logic" clause inserted into ferentz' new contract.

kidding aside, if this is davis' last season, it'll be because he's had enough. if we can't get any WR recruits (other than B. Smith) to sign, then it might push him that way. but i'm not going to kid myself, bf will be the next OC if this happens. and i've seen no proof that bf would run the offense any differently. it is almost irrelevant. I think we all know that it doesn't matter who the OC is, we will have the same offense because this offense is a ferentz mandate; which also means no new young and talented OC's will consider Iowa.

KF is fine with a offense that scores little so long as they can control the clock and keep the defense off the field. It seems that scoring few points, mid to low ranking each season is just fine, so long as the defense is top notch.

Why does it seem to be "either or" ? either a good defense OR a good offense. Why can't we have both?

KF is fine with a offense that scores little so long as they can control the clock and keep the defense off the field. It seems that scoring few points, mid to low ranking each season is just fine, so long as the defense is top notch.

Why does it seem to be "either or" ? either a good defense OR a good offense. Why can't we have both?

Shhhh! Don't tell anyone, but you can have both.

I've never been a "fire the coach" guy. Hell, I wanted to give Lickliter another year. (thank God we didn't)

But this time, enough is enough. GD needs to go.

He got ta go....life was different down in Texas back in the day, but this ain't Texas GD....or KF for that matter..are ya listening, boy?

I think this is 100% correct, only that GD will announce his retirement and it won't be put out as any kind of firing. I know nothing but I would best this is how it goes also. New QB in 2017, time to start new now.

I thought before this season this was setting up to be Davis's last yr. I figured with CJ being a senior and everything it'd be as good of a time for him to walk away as any. But I was thinking along the lines of us having another good year too so what do I know....
I would think if your going to make a move this would be the time. Davis has to be frustrated too isn't he? I mean everyone looks at it from the outside looking in but has anyone tried putting themselves in his shoes? He wants to move the ball and put points up don't he? It's his direct job description for crying out loud. Being as one dimensional as they've been handcuffs him. Now part of his job is to get more creative with the passing game to get guys open. Be it screens misdirection fakes and what not. When you can't run a drop back passing game where your receivers can just beat guys it requires him shaking it up. I think he hasn't done a good job of that either obviously and is probably what he's the most guilty of as anything... I hope we've seen the last of him after the bowl game..

I thought before this season this was setting up to be Davis's last yr. I figured with CJ being a senior and everything it'd be as good of a time for him to walk away as any. But I was thinking along the lines of us having another good year too so what do I know....
I would think if your going to make a move this would be the time. Davis has to be frustrated too isn't he? I mean everyone looks at it from the outside looking in but has anyone tried putting themselves in his shoes? He wants to move the ball and put points up don't he? It's his direct job description for crying out loud. Being as one dimensional as they've been handcuffs him. Now part of his job is to get more creative with the passing game to get guys open. Be it screens misdirection fakes and what not. When you can't run a drop back passing game where your receivers can just beat guys it requires him shaking it up. I think he hasn't done a good job of that either obviously and is probably what he's the most guilty of as anything... I hope we've seen the last of him after the bowl game..

Obviously you would think he wants the offense to perform well and gain a lot of yards and score points, but then his play calling suggests the exact opposite. It makes ZERO sense that we don't see changes when the offense has been this bad all season.

Latest posts