Oc and OL coaches

HawkeyeGunner

There is talk in another hawk group that major changes could come down in the offensive coaching line very soon. Supposedly Copeland is in with baby huey and the ol coach. I don't agree with that as Cope is a good recruiter. But more importantly who do we go after as a young OC to come here. Gotta assume that huey will go to OL coach. So who do we go get to work with the DC of the century to get this team back right?

I predict Brian Ferentz will get "re-assigned" as Co-offensive coordinator and OL coach. Kirk will bring in somebody new, possibly Jon Budmyr, to be the other co-offensive coordinator and QB coach and will be assigned play calling duties. Although this is effectively a demotion for Brian, he will keep his $900k a year salary because he technically is still a coordinator. Oh yeah, the current OL coach gets fired.

I don't have a lot of knowledge of who recruits who what and where.

Where does Copeland recruit and who has he recruited to Iowa?

Copeland felt like he was ready to tap out 2 or 3 weeks ago with that press conference.

There is talk in another hawk group that major changes could come down in the offensive coaching line very soon. Supposedly Copeland is in with baby huey and the ol coach. I don't agree with that as Cope is a good recruiter. But more importantly who do we go after as a young OC to come here. Gotta assume that huey will go to OL coach. So who do we go get to work with the DC of the century to get this team back right?
Are you saying that Copeland and Barnett would be fired, and Brian reassigned to OL, with an opening at OC and WR?

Copeland felt like he was ready to tap out 2 or 3 weeks ago with that press conference.
I thought the opposite.

All he did was say honestly I’m a nice way that parents are garbage. All coaches from high school on up know that.

By the way, Kirk gave Barnett high praise in his last press conference and has all year. Defended him multiple times.

And to be honest, he’s coaching guys who aren’t his recruits, aren’t talented at a P5 level, and aren’t physical whatsoever. That’s recruiting misses by previous staff. A coach can only do so much with untalented, non-physical players.

By the way, Kirk gave Barnett high praise in his last press conference and has all year. Defended him multiple times.

And to be honest, he’s coaching guys who aren’t his recruits, aren’t talented at a P5 level, and aren’t physical whatsoever. That’s recruiting misses by previous staff. A coach can only do so much with untalented, non-physical players.
Correct. O-line coach has "hard" task.PROBLEM starts at TOP huh? Go Hawks...

From my observation it's not so much they get manhandled as they just miss too many assignments.

It wasn't what he said about parents, it was what he said about the difficulties in recruiting receivers to Iowa and the way he said it.

He gone.
Welp, I guess that's what happens when you get a little too honest about the Ferentz Offensive Braintrust™.

Strange to make him the scapegoat, did they not see what Charlie Jones did in a different offense? Hard to pin anything on a WR coach.

Strange to make him the scapegoat, did they not see what Charlie Jones did in a different offense? Hard to pin anything on a WR coach.
I hope Copeland goes on to be a coach for a national title winner. Eff what Kirk thinks.

That was the most honest and refreshing interview I've ever hear a coach give. The hilarious thing is not a single person disagreed with what he said, and literally every fan and media member loved the answers he gave. and he's getting fired for it. LOL

I hope Copeland goes on to be a coach for a national title winner. Eff what Kirk thinks.

That was the most honest and refreshing interview I've ever hear a coach give. The hilarious thing is not a single person disagreed with what he said, and literally every fan and media member loved the answers he gave. and he's getting fired for it. LOL
My first thought too, I wondered if he had enough experience to get a gig as an OC with some middling program. Hopefully his next stop is one that actually has a need for the position. At this rate we'd be better not filling WR Coach and bringing in another S&C/OL guy. I wonder what eliminating a QB coach would free up budget for? We aren't getting much productivity out of that, either.