Obstinacy

DarthKinnick

ob·sti·nate

   /ˈɒb
thinsp.png
stə
thinsp.png
nɪt/ Show Spelled[ob-stuh-nit] Show IPA
adjective 1. firmly or stubbornly adhering to one's purpose, opinion, etc.; not yielding to argument, persuasion, or entreaty.
2. characterized by inflexible persistence or an unyielding attitude; inflexibly persisted in or carried out: obstinate advocacy of high tariffs.
3. not easily controlled or overcome: the obstinate growth of weeds.
4. not yielding readily to treatment, as a disease.
Dictionary.com | Find the Meanings and Definitions of Words at Dictionary.com

dog·mat·ic

   /dɔgˈmæt
thinsp.png
ɪk, dɒg-/ Show Spelled[dawg-mat-ik, dog-] Show IPA
adjective 1. of, pertaining to, or of the nature of a dogma or dogmas; doctrinal.
2. asserting opinions in a doctrinaire or arrogant manner; opinionated.

ir·ra·tion·al

   /ɪˈræʃ
thinsp.png
ə
thinsp.png
nl/ Show Spelled[ih-rash-uh-nl] Show IPA
adjective 1. without the faculty of reason; deprived of reason.
2. without or deprived of normal mental clarity or sound judgment.
3. not in accordance with reason; utterly illogical: irrational arguments.
4. not endowed with the faculty of reason: irrational animals.
5. Mathematics . a. (of a number) not capable of being expressed exactly as a ratio of two integers.
b. (of a function) not capable of being expressed exactly as a ratio of two polynomials.

Can you think of anyone associated with Iowa football who resembles the above?

Are the lot of you, us, including me, whatever, ALLOWED uncritically to continue trying to pound round pegs into square holes as opposed merely to adapting to changes in circumstance? Or are you expected to LEARN from expereinces and apply evidence of adaptation to problems?

Why should anyone with more responsibility be ALLOWED irrationally to ignore changing circumstances? Is pretending that reality is something other than what it actually is conducive to success?

:eek:

Vague :
(of persons) not clear or definite in thought, understanding, or expression: vague about his motives; a vague person.

Please make a few more laps around the track before getting to your point.

Last edited:
ob·sti·nate

   /ˈɒb
thinsp.png
stə
thinsp.png
nɪt/ Show Spelled[ob-stuh-nit] Show IPA
adjective 1. firmly or stubbornly adhering to one's purpose, opinion, etc.; not yielding to argument, persuasion, or entreaty.
2. characterized by inflexible persistence or an unyielding attitude; inflexibly persisted in or carried out: obstinate advocacy of high tariffs.
3. not easily controlled or overcome: the obstinate growth of weeds.
4. not yielding readily to treatment, as a disease.
Dictionary.com | Find the Meanings and Definitions of Words at Dictionary.com

dog·mat·ic

   /dɔgˈmæt
thinsp.png
ɪk, dɒg-/ Show Spelled[dawg-mat-ik, dog-] Show IPA
adjective 1. of, pertaining to, or of the nature of a dogma or dogmas; doctrinal.
2. asserting opinions in a doctrinaire or arrogant manner; opinionated.

ir·ra·tion·al

   /ɪˈræʃ
thinsp.png
ə
thinsp.png
nl/ Show Spelled[ih-rash-uh-nl] Show IPA
adjective 1. without the faculty of reason; deprived of reason.
2. without or deprived of normal mental clarity or sound judgment.
3. not in accordance with reason; utterly illogical: irrational arguments.
4. not endowed with the faculty of reason: irrational animals.
5. Mathematics . a. (of a number) not capable of being expressed exactly as a ratio of two integers.
b. (of a function) not capable of being expressed exactly as a ratio of two polynomials.

Can you think of anyone associated with Iowa football who resembles the above?

Are the lot of you, us, including me, whatever, ALLOWED uncritically to continue trying to pound round pegs into square holes as opposed merely to adapting to changes in circumstance? Or are you expected to LEARN from expereinces and apply evidence of adaptation to problems?

Why should anyone with more responsibility be ALLOWED irrationally to ignore changing circumstances? Is pretending that reality is something other than what it actually is conducive to success?

:eek:

Sounds like the majority of the people posting here, especially on the P/C forum.

Daily Checklist:

1. Get-up
2. Shower
3. Eat Breakfast
4. Go to Work
5. Read DarthKinnick complaint about Iowa Coaches
6. Read DarthKinnick complaint about Iowa Players
7. Read DarthKinnick complaint about Iowa Recruits
8. Go Back to something that matters.

in·cho·ate
   [in-koh-it, -eyt or, especially Brit., in-koh-eyt]
adjective
1. not yet completed or fully developed; rudimentary.
2. just begun; incipient.
3. not organized; lacking order: an inchoate mass of ideas on the subject.

Origin:
1525–35; < Latin inchoātus, variant of incohātus past participle of incohāre to begin, start work on, perhaps equivalent to in- -in- 2 + coh ( um ) hollow of a yoke into which the pole is fitted + -ātus -ate1

Related forms
in·cho·ate·ly, adverb
in·cho·ate·ness, noun

stu·pid/ˈst(y)o͞opid/
Adjective: Lacking intelligence or common sense.
Noun: This thread
Synonyms:
adjective. foolish - dull - obtuse - dense - fatuous - idiotic
noun. fool - goof - tomfool - booby - dolt - imbecile

Hey darth how was your ban by the way. Is this what you spent your time away thinking about. I'm predicting a week before your banned again and I think I'm being fairly reasonable.

choad baby

noun, insult: a person who was conceived as a result of semen dripping from a lady's bottom across the perinium and into the vagina.

I think I know what you mean...maybe. Also I somewhat get where you are going. If so I half way agree with you. Partially I am on board. These thoughts have brought mixed feelings with me. I am on the fence. Although I maybe would be swayed to this if..... I could possibly somewhat or in some sense know what you are talking about. I somewhat partially can see both ways in this thought.

I know who got a word of the day calendar for Christmas!!!

Sure thing Fred. You must be right. Because the alternative is something that sits like ****** upon your tongue.

You just keep attacking that wall with your head. Eventually one of them will give.

Hey darth how was your ban by the way. Is this what you spent your time away thinking about. I'm predicting a week before your banned again and I think I'm being fairly reasonable.

First time member here dood. You might investigate ad hominem. You're doing it wrong.

Sure thing Fred. You must be right. Because the alternative is something that sits like ****** upon your tongue.

You just keep attacking that wall with your head. Eventually one of them will give.

nutberry

noun, insult; 1. A term that describes the fecal residue to attach on pubic hairs after a person wipes following deification in a downward motion. 2. A person, usually male, whose behavior or personality would be indicative of the presence of nutberries.

Latest posts