Observations: Hawkeyes Blow Out Longwood

Really? winning 16-18 games with this schedule and making the NIT which needs to be done away with? Glad you are looking forward to it but the bar is really low and has been for some time. Winning championships and making runs in the tournament is the kind of fun that is what i hope for at this level.
I guess if I want to watch young players get better there is always the Local School Jr High team

Seriously, those are your expectations after a season where Iowa lost 3 starters (Fredrick, Wieskamp, & Garza), 2 of them to the NBA, the back up center (Nunge) and 64% of it's scoring? Not to mention one of those players was the best player in all college basketball (Garza). I'd call it a HUGE success if Iowa was able to qualify for the NIT after losing all of that. Hell this isn't Duke or Kansas where they simply insert another batch of 4 & 5 star recruits into the lineup. If that's your expectation then I think you are rooting for the wrong team.

Really? winning 16-18 games with this schedule and making the NIT which needs to be done away with? Glad you are looking forward to it but the bar is really low and has been for some time. Winning championships and making runs in the tournament is the kind of fun that is what i hope for at this level.
I guess if I want to watch young players get better there is always the Local School Jr High team
Good idea! Make the move to a local Middle School team.

Because if the tables were turned we would say it’s invalid.

Is what it is but there will always be an asterisk.
I think the asterisk should be because he will set the record so high it will be almost impossible to break for a 4 year player. It shouldn't be because it took a couple more games to pass Diebler.

Please, you should oggle some elementary kids as well, yell at a few of them that they arn't worth the cost of admission then ask them if they want a popsicle.

Seriously, those are your expectations after a season where Iowa lost 3 starters (Fredrick, Wieskamp, & Garza), 2 of them to the NBA, the back up center (Nunge) and 64% of it's scoring? Not to mention one of those players was the best player in all college basketball (Garza). I'd call it a HUGE success if Iowa was able to qualify for the NIT after losing all of that. Hell this isn't Duke or Kansas where they simply insert another batch of 4 & 5 star recruits into the lineup. If that's your expectation then I think you are rooting for the wrong team.
Totally agree that 16-18 wins are likely with this team. And the following year again especially if Murray leaves early My point is that when Fran's years at Iowa are over we will have had another 12 plus years of no championships, no runs in the tournament. Yea we are not Duke but one can hope for an occasional surge. it has happened in the past with Miller, Olson, and even Mr. Davis. Lick set the bar so low that Iowa fans have come to expect never to challenge for the top!

Good idea! Make the move to a local Middle School team.
Hey I enjoy watching the kids play. Slippery Rock, Longwood,Kansas City,North Carolina Central,Alabama State,Western Michigan,Portland State
What excitement And I'm sure choice seats available

Let's ease up on this, the OOC is pretty weak but Iowa will have 23/24 of the their 31 games against Ken Pom top 150. I have way higher expectations for this team than 16-18 - but don't get a a few extra "buy" games twisted that Iowa won't face good competition this year. There schedule isn't THAT easy.

Because if the tables were turned we would say it’s invalid.

Is what it is but there will always be an asterisk.
True. But all of these records should be taken with a grain of salt. Freshmen didn’t used to be eligible. There used to be fewer games in a season. There didn’t used to be a conference tournament. The NCAA field used to be smaller, etc. I just want wins.

Latest posts