Observations from Iowa Football Practice

It was clear to me that Deacon Hill probably is not going to improve much. He still has little pocket awareness, he's still prone to strip sacks, and he still can't move much in the pocket to extend plays. Once again today I saw him throw a 100 mph heater at a receiver no more than 15 yards away. Lainez, in my opinion was much better than Hill today. That being said, the opinions of anybody other than Kirk and company doesn't mean anything. The best thing that could happen at the QB position for the Hawks is Cade to be healthy and stay that way.

It was clear to me that Deacon Hill probably is not going to improve much. He still has little pocket awareness, he's still prone to strip sacks, and he still can't move much in the pocket to extend plays. Once again today I saw him throw a 100 mph heater at a receiver no more than 15 yards away. Lainez, in my opinion was much better than Hill today. That being said, the opinions of anybody other than Kirk and company doesn't mean anything. The best thing that could happen at the QB position for the Hawks is Cade to be healthy and stay that way.

The best thing to happen at the QB position is for Kirk to retire.

So from what I've heard about today with the QB position was just more of what we've already known. Hill misses open receivers. He throws too hard on short throws and he is still a statue that doesn't protect the ball.

Ideally he should transfer out to open up that scholly. Lainez takes a step up and Iowa can bring in someone else from the portal to not only provide depth but push Cade and be capable of playing right away. They'll be a few of them available I would think. Can Iowa get one? And how problematic does that become if Hill won't leave? Being 4 over the limit like they are at some point that becomes a thing.

Now granted I think the RB room is crazy full and I would think 1 maybe 2 of them might leave. Patterson would be the one I would think might go. He's sandwiched in at 3rd in line with a specialized role of sorts. Being a FL kid furthest from home and all I can just see why he might want to find somewhere closer to home that he could play more going into yr 3 for him with 2 more yrs of eligibility.

Maybe a LB might leave that room is a tad crowded now too now that we only play 2 most of the time usually. We only put 3 out there situationally basked on short yardage goaline or whatever personnel the O might have out there. But our base D now is a 4-2-5 with Castro out there alot and he really shouldn't ever come off the field as impactful as he is.

Latest posts