Observations from Bloomington

Snuck into Assembly Hall after practice on Friday, had the floor to ourselves. Old building, can't beat the history though.

Emotion - the Hawks played with emotion, especially in the 2nd half. Canzeri was firing up the special teams, the Hitchens hit following the roughing penalty on Morris had the whole bench fired up. Often read how we play with no emotion, I didn't see it on Saturday. Saw one player in tears after the game.

Indiana has an awesome video/scoreboard, HD picture, show lots of scores, very nice.

We took an RV over, parking was just outside the stadium. Tailgating was ok, the rain had some effect.

Fans - where are the Indiana fans? The place was maybe 60% full

Our oline was inconsistent which really hurt the offense. Tackling on defense was the same, sometimes good, other times poor. Lots of young guys playing key roles, we'll get better.

Good post, 'toona. Thanks.
Had to be a long drive home, I imagine.

Snuck into Assembly Hall after practice on Friday, had the floor to ourselves. Old building, can't beat the history though.

Emotion - the Hawks played with emotion, especially in the 2nd half. Canzeri was firing up the special teams, the Hitchens hit following the roughing penalty on Morris had the whole bench fired up. Often read how we play with no emotion, I didn't see it on Saturday. Saw one player in tears after the game.

Indiana has an awesome video/scoreboard, HD picture, show lots of scores, very nice.

We took an RV over, parking was just outside the stadium. Tailgating was ok, the rain had some effect.

Fans - where are the Indiana fans? The place was maybe 60% full

Our oline was inconsistent which really hurt the offense. Tackling on defense was the same, sometimes good, other times poor. Lots of young guys playing key roles, we'll get better.

Was Canzeri playing on special teams??? If so, umm...great use of the eligibility.

"I thought they competed hard and prepared well, bottom line is we just didnt play well enough to win" - Rinse and repeat, on to next week.

It really sucks that Iowa lost Weisman, Scherff, and Donnell (sp?).

The last two games really could've gone differently if they were all in there. Scherff was arguably the best lineman, and Weisman was doing some great things before his injury.

The O line is just different without those two starters. They're not good enough to overcome those kinds of injuries.

I know we're all (appropriately) busting chops in here, but this is a factor.

It really sucks that Iowa lost Weisman, Scherff, and Donnell (sp?).

The last two games really could've gone differently if they were all in there. Scherff was arguably the best lineman, and Weisman was doing some great things before his injury.

The O line is just different without those two starters. They're not good enough to overcome those kinds of injuries.

I know we're all (appropriately) busting chops in here, but this is a factor.

Nothing against Weisman, but with Bullock back I see that being a wash. While Weisman's had a great season, I think Bullock is giving us just as much. Losing Scherff and Donnell is definitely hurting us.

Lots of young guys playing key roles, we'll get better.

This line just doesn't cut it for me. Every team in the nation has young guys, and every team in the nation will get better. (at least the potential to do so is there)
Just getting better isn't enough. We need to close the gap in talent between Iowa and the other teams we play.
How do we do that? I don't know. The scary part is, I don't think KF does either.

Nothing against Weisman, but with Bullock back I see that being a wash. While Weisman's had a great season, I think Bullock is giving us just as much. Losing Scherff and Donnell is definitely hurting us.

You're probably right, but as the season progressed, I was hoping they'd be able to alternate the two a bit, and that may have been very effective.

Latest posts