OB Line

"Scoring easily" on people is not our forte.

There D is bad though. But in any case my point is the focus shouldn't be on us scoring on them cause I think we will get our shots. So if there is an injury on the O we should be ok unless it's Stanzi. We can't afford any on D though. This game will be won or lost on our D.

Don't worry, we will cover that line. Heck we only lost by 3 to OSU in the 'Shoe with a freshman QB in OT.

Here's Kirk's response from Sunday night when asked about his RB's:

"We haven't made it yet, we're still 50 hours from game time and we're hoping we can get both guys into the game healthy, that's one of our goals.

The last time I recall a big jump in the line before an Iowa bowl game was vs florida in the outback bowl and we all know how that went. Is the fix in?

The last time I recall a big jump in the line before an Iowa bowl game was vs florida in the outback bowl and we all know how that went. Is the fix in?

The line moving in that game didn't cause Tate to throw a pick 6 or cause Iowa to give up a punt return for a touchdown. It also didn't cause Iowa to sleep thru the first 3 quarters.

I think it reflects that a lot of gamblers took a bath this bowl season. The general gambling public generally loves favorites...especially big name favorites. This bowl season the favorites have been getting hammered for the most part.

The interesting thing that I found was that according to Free sports scores, lines and picks at ScoresandOdds the ML bets are heavily in favor of Iowa (something like 84%) which is to be expected since you won't get very good odds betting on GT on the ML. I was surprised that the point spread wagers are 54/46 Iowa...and the line is moving. That is a little unsettling...but then again that website probably doesn't know very exact numbers from every book.

Latest posts