O Line

"If they scrimmaged Iowa State yesterday, starting OL would've been Reiff, Vandervelde, Ferentz, Gettis and Zusevics, with maybe Hundertmark in the rotation on the inside.[/b], If I had to venture a guess, tackles are set -- Reiff and Zusevics.

I am not whelmed and in fact very underwhelmed by this lineup but admittedly my glass is half full, with a hole in the bottom.

The O-line will be fine... I'm more worried about the linebacking crew

WTF? Aside from a future first rounder in Riley Reif we have total unknowns vying for the center and right tackle, Gettis is going to have to improve a lot from what we saw last season, Vandy has never been consistent and has to have the unofficial record for false starts penalties.

The O-line will be fine... I'm more worried about the linebacking crew

With a top 5 D-line returning, the new linebackers have an ace in the hole. The O-line, on the other hand, will not have a Drew-dini Tate taking the hand off. If they can't hold their own, Ken O'teef had better have his A game on.

With a top 5 D-line returning, the new linebackers have an ace in the hole. The O-line, on the other hand, will not have a Drew-dini Tate taking the hand off. If they can't hold their own, Ken O'teef had better have his A game on.

Someone please ban this clown for his personal attack on Coach O'Keefe.

Ferentz is going to be a very solid center. I think the best center we've had in a long, long time. I think Reiff will be one of the better OT's in the Big 10. The rest will be question marks. I think we'll see more roll outs this year and more stretch plays to try and canalize on our OL athleticism.

WTF? Aside from a future first rounder in Riley Reif we have total unknowns vying for the center and right tackle, Gettis is going to have to improve a lot from what we saw last season, Vandy has never been consistent and has to have the unofficial record for false starts penalties.

Trust in Kirk... and all will be fine on the Oline!

What's wrong with calling out KO'K? Nothing wrong with calling out an OC that has very much unperformed as of late.

I'd agree with his statement about him needing to bring an "A" game. No excuse for lack of talent at the skill positions this year.

The LB's will be fine, the DL will help a ton in allowing the two new starters at LB a little time to figure things out and Hunter should also help with this, then you throw in Sash and Greenwood behind them and they have all the help they need.

As for the OL if things don't go well there we have major problems since they are key in every aspect of the O.

The OL development is by far the biggest key to this team winning 10 or more games vs 7 or 8.

Ferentz is going to be a very solid center. I think the best center we've had in a long, long time.

The best in a "long, long, time"? Maybe in time, but there is no way James Ferentz is going to be as good this season as the 2008 Rob Bruggeman. Brugs performance that year set the standard for any center that follows after him.

I think our O-line is going to progress nicely and be ready for the opening game. Our D-line is one of the best in the country so they are getting valuable experience each and every practice. This will help greatly to get them ready for out OOC games and Big Ten games....

I think that the good thing about the OL situation currently is that there are plenty of upperclassmen helping to power and lead the group ... with Vandervelde (SR), Gettis (JR), and Zusevics seemingly front-runners as starters and Koeppel (SR), Haganman (SR), and Orne (JR) as quality back-ups.

And, on top of that, Reiff is a potential star in the making, Ferentz will be more than solid, and we have a number of younger guys who are hungry and could be pushing for action too.

That strikes me as a recipe for success. I don't expect that the '10 OL will be as good as the '08 OL ... however, it arguably has the potential to land ahead of the 2003 and 2005 groups ... both of which were more than adequate.

Don't forget Nolan MacMillan. He has been dinged this spring, but KF identified him personally as someone in the mix. Could be this year's Rieff.

Don't forget Nolan MacMillan. He has been dinged this spring, but KF identified him personally as someone in the mix. Could be this year's Rieff.

CAARHawk -

I'm not forgetting about Nolan. I'm just always rather wary about guys who sustain injuries and have to overcome them. It can often slow their development.

Hopefully Nolan picks up where he left off before ... however, until he gets back into the groove of things, we won't know.

If you think my comment was an attack on KOK, please go join the PSU fan base. They still think their defender that was called for pass interference in the 2008 IA game jumped straight up and did not go through Stross to get to the ball.

And to all mods on this board, please ban this tool for calling for my ban. This has done terminal damage to my feelings and my recovery is doubtful.

Latest posts