NYC during Christmas

americanmade718

I am a little shocked at the negativity concerning the Pinstripe Bowl, NYC during the Holiday season is really nice. We drew a decent team and have a shot to win this game. I have been a Hawk fan nearly all my life and a bowl game is always a good deal. Our young team will get more practices and there is nothing bad about that. Boston College is a storied program with a rich history and should be a good matchup for us. I am starting to think some of the posters need to become Cornhusker fans and when a team has a shot to win 8 games they bitch and moan like little kids.

I am a little shocked at the negativity concerning the Pinstripe Bowl, NYC during the Holiday season is really nice. We drew a decent team and have a shot to win this game. I have been a Hawk fan nearly all my life and a bowl game is always a good deal. Our young team will get more practices and there is nothing bad about that. Boston College is a storied program with a rich history and should be a good matchup for us. I am starting to think some of the posters need to become Cornhusker fans and when a team has a shot to win 8 games they bitch and moan like little kids.

It isn't the bowl game, it's the city. NYC is a mess, right now. it is one of the more politicized cities in the country, these days. Again, ain't the bowl game, it's the city. If you go, please just be careful and watchful. Crazy stuff happening and holiday's are prime time for that kind of stuff.

Oh, and it's way too expensive.

Not gonna sugar coat the bowl as being a good destination or a bowl worth gloating about, but I agree that the extra practices should help, plus it's an opportunity to expose Iowa to some East Coast recruits, such as the Maryland/DC area we always seem to pull guys out of. Still gonna watch and enjoy rooting for the Hawks.

It isn't the bowl game, it's the city. NYC is a mess, right now. it is one of the more politicized cities in the country, these days. Again, ain't the bowl game, it's the city. If you go, please just be careful and watchful. Crazy stuff happening and holiday's are prime time for that kind of stuff.

Oh, and it's way too expensive.

I haven't been to NYC in 9 or 10 years, and hope it hasn't gone back to the old days (70s). It isn't my favorite place by any means- but it is a long way from the worst . We could be going to Detroit

Well I guess Flutie and Matt Ryan years is about it for storied and rich history. My son graduated from law school at BC so I am not bashing the school but how many Conference championships do they have in football in the last 60 years?

The TEAM has an obligation to go to NYC and win this game. The FANS can do whatever they damn well please with their time and money. It's called "opportunity cost". If they don't want to go to NYC and spend a billion dollars to watch an unattractive game, they won't.

Actually, Christmastime in NYC is fun, lots to do, lots to see, but it just doesn't include wanting to sit outside in the freezing temperature for 3.5 hours watching a football game, in a stadium not really set up for football, even if it is my beloved Hawkeyes. Going to Yankee Stadium? Fun, but for a Yankee game in the summer, not a football game in late December. I'll be watching for sure, but in front of my fireplace.

Latest posts