NWCA/Cliff Keen National Duals

pin2win

@hagertony
Hilton Coliseum (click for tickets) - Ames, IA - matches will run at 11 a.m., 1 p.m., and 3 p.m.

Host: Iowa State University

Ticket Prices: $25 Adult All Session, $15 Student All Session

Schools: Iowa, Iowa State, Northern Iowa, Oregon State, Virginia Tech, and Wisconsin.

#1 IOWA
#2 OREGON STATE
#3 IOWA STATE
#4 VIRGINIA TECH
#5 NORTHERN IOWA
#6 WISCONSIN

Iowa will wrestle the winner of the UNI-VTECH dual

Here is a link to all the brackets
http://www.nwcaonline.com/NWCAWebSite/docs/manual/mat-mayhem-regional-brackets.pdf

The National Wrestling Coaches Association (NWCA) Board of Directors has announced that the location of the Mat Mayhem Championship Round will be determined immediately at the conclusion of the Regional Qualifying Tournaments taking place on February 11th and 12th.

The NWCA has received bids from Oklahoma State, Minnesota, and Missouri to host the Championship round on Sunday, February 19th, should their programs qualify. The University of Northern Iowa has also committed to hosting the Championship Round regardless of whether their team qualifies or not.

“As much as the NWCA would like to be more accommodating of the fans and media by determining the host site of the Mat Mayhem championship round well in advance of the Regionals; we simply find that we cannot because of the uncertainty of which teams will ultimately qualify. In many instances, the participating teams in Mat Mayhem have made extraordinary sacrifices to support this new format and if possible, we would like to be able to award the championship round to a team that qualifies for the finals,” said NWCA President, Brian Smith.

The NWCA has a selection committee that will make the final decision. Criteria such as facility costs, accessibility of the venue for traveling teams, regional teams that qualify, and historical average spectator base of the host will all be considered.

We hope the wrestling fans and media understand the challenges in making this decision. Once the final location is determined a press release will be sent out to the media and will be posted on the NWCA website at NWCA: Growing Wrestling at All Levels.

For the most up to date information on the NWCA/Cliff Keen National Duals, please visit NWCA: Growing Wrestling at All Levels .

Since Iowa did not put in a bid to host I hope that UNI receives the official bid. Would like to attend the National Dual finals.

So Iowa could possibly wrestle Carter from Vtech again. Time for some payback! Unless Uni can beat them. What are the chances of that happening?

Was looking at the Cornell Regional and noticed that American was seeded sixth. They rank higher than Purdue, Oklahoma, Illinois, and Central Michigan, when it comes to tournament power index and rankings.

UNI is gong to have to win a couple of the lower weights to beat Virginia Tech. The 133# match should be a good one. I believe they can do it.:)

Colon is 20-2. Only losses were to futrell and tyler clark early in the year. I'd ask you to give me some reasons as to why Colon is going to get majored but it's your opinion and i'm not interested.

Colon has won bonus points in 17 matches out of 22 and that's not impressive? How many times have you watched him wrestle this year? Come to think about it, he was a freshman junior college national champion. Like I said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.:p

Colon has won bonus points in 17 matches out of 22 and that's not impressive? How many times have you watched him wrestle this year? Come to think about it, he was a freshman junior college national champion. Like I said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.:p

Again, not to get into a ******* match with you, impressive record...not so impressive competition.

His wins came against:
Dubuque, Upper Iowa, Dubuque, UW Parkside, Central Mich, Harvard, Northern IL, Penn, Northern CO, AF, Wisconsin, Lindenwood- Bellrville, Wisonsin, Luther, Upper Iowa, Utah Valley, Wyoming, ISU.

I'm a UNI grad, so I'll be cheering for him, but this won't be close.

If I'm wrong, I'll be the first one to say it on Monday.

So let's get a roll call for Ames: I am going to try to go on Saturday, but Sunday my son has a wrestling tournament in Nevada (IA).

Latest posts