NW game - Garza post looks

Luftgekuehlt67

Great team win tonight, no complaints from me but, by his lofty standards, a slow night for Garza. What was interesting to me though is I felt there were quite a few possessions where, to my eyes, Garza seemed to have good position down low but didn't get a touch. Now, some of that could have been down to Connor (our best big man feeder) spending a lot of time on the bench due to the first half foul situation, but I have to wonder if there was more going on because it seemed even Connor passed on some looks.

Am I nuts? I might be, but maybe was NW maybe doing something defensively to confound our ability to feed the post?

Great team win tonight, no complaints from me but, by his lofty standards, a slow night for Garza. What was interesting to me though is I felt there were quite a few possessions where, to my eyes, Garza seemed to have good position down low but didn't get a touch. Now, some of that could have been down to Connor (our best big man feeder) spending a lot of time on the bench due to the first half foul situation, but I have to wonder if there was more going on because it seemed even Connor passed on some looks.

Am I nuts? I might be, but maybe was NW maybe doing something defensively to confound our ability to feed the post?
They were fronting him, like Wisconsin frequently does.

Connors man was frequently sagging off and fronting as well.

When we play Wisconsin I fully expect Brad Davison, when he isn't trying to punch somebody in the nuts, to sag and front Garza.

I’m assuming Fran and Co. figured jNW would be coming hard with the double-team all night and wanted to not push the interior feed when it wasn’t there and to instead give other players looks. It worked.

Nice to see the pre-surgery J-Bo.

Latest posts