Nunge Update

Nunge has grown taller since he has been at Iowa.

Kaminsky grew like 5 inches from high school to college. Nunge may have grown a half inch since last year, but I am pretty confident in saying he has maxed out height wise.

Kaminsky grew like 5 inches from high school to college. Nunge may have grown a half inch since last year, but I am pretty confident in saying he has maxed out height wise.

Maybe not the same jump in height as Kaminsky but I believe Jack was in the 6'8"-6'9", 185 lbs range and a wing player when Fran started recruiting him. A lot of the recruiting sites were comparing him to being a similar size and play style as Uthoff at the time. He hit a growth spurt late in HS and now some have reported he's up to 7' today. 3'-4' and 50+ lbs is a pretty big jump since the heart of his recruitment.

Maybe not the same jump in height as Kaminsky but I believe Jack was in the 6'8"-6'9", 185 lbs range and a wing player when Fran started recruiting him. A lot of the recruiting sites were comparing him to being a similar size and play style as Uthoff at the time. He hit a growth spurt late in HS and now some have reported he's up to 7' today. 3'-4' and 50+ lbs is a pretty big jump since the heart of his recruitment.

All this trivial. What matters is next year when he steps out on the floor, he is confident and knows he can play at this level.

I’m not super surprised that he was able to add weight, you could see he had the frame in his shoulders.

I see Jack as both a 4 and 5 next year. From a defensive perspective I think he will be an upgrade.

I’m not super surprised that he was able to add weight, you could see he had the frame in his shoulders.

I see Jack as both a 4 and 5 next year. From a defensive perspective I think he will be an upgrade.

Kid is a shot blocker. He had a couple blocks on jumpers last year that reminded me of Uthoff.

Tall players that can shoot the three, well, teams that have several of them tend to do well in today's BB.

Garza gets open looks for three but he doesn't make them at a high clip.

Good to see Nunge bulk up. He seemed out of posistion at the 3 last year which is where he played most of his minutes. I think he will be a better fit at the 4 or 5 spots. It will be interesting to see how many minutes Frederick gets next year. Unless someone transfers we seem to have a little bit of a logjam with backcourt players. The only other way he gets minutes is if Moss and Wieskamp take the Baer minutes, but I expect those to go to PMac at the 3 and any minutes that Baer plays at the 4 will go to Pemsl and Nunge. The good thing is letting Frederick get another year of seasoning before we need to count on him for minutes can only help his progress.

Nunge has grown a lot more than half an inch since he was a senior in high school to college. If he has put on twenty five pounds, I imagine he has quit growing.