Nunge missed

Ya thought it really made the difference. With Nunge Iowa could have played both Garza and Nunge and let them wall Cockburn off. They tried with Patrick and sometimes Keegan but they don't play D like Nunge. Plus that would have been 5 more fouls to use against him.

Should have played that big freshmen more during the regular season to get him ready. I know he slow right now and needs to spend all summer in the weight room, but he is the only guy with some serious meat to him when Nunge isn’t available.

It’s funny to look back on now but when Lick was at Iow a 6’ 10” Joe W would have been towering over everyone else on our team. Fran has brought some height to the program, but the lack of a pure athletic big ten caliber point guard still haunts him.

He does fine at the number two position, but he just can’t seem to get that special player at the one position that can do it all.

Any guesses on who might rise out of the players we now have that might be that guy? So far no one appears to be there yet. Joe T seems to be a little quicker than we have had in the past but his hesitancy to shoot the ball from outside really hurts his ability to attack the basket because guards just lay off of him daring him to take the open shot. Maybe with Bo gone next year he will feel more relaxed and shoot the ball more.

I hope Fran in on a big for next year's team. I love nunge but he has injury problems. We need help
Absolutely agree. It would not be unusual for a coach in Fran’s position to go the JC route and try to find a big man some where that can immediately help us out.

Latest posts