Nuggets of wisdom from Goopherville

1hawkeye1

In this thread I will post wise statements read on gopher football forums. Please feel free to add your own.

Last edited:
Both of these from htenpas over the the Daily Gopher:

Yes, Iowa is 9-0 on the season. If you didn't know that, it's understandable, since they've basically played the Vinton School for the Blind and Wisconsin.

The reality of the situation, however, is that Iowa is pretty much a 5-4 team. They are pretty much a lock to lose against Minnesota (and probably Nebraska, too).

Yes, Iowa is 9-0 on the season. If you didn't know that, it's understandable, since they've basically played the Vinton School for the Blind and Wisconsin.

The reality of the situation, however, is that Iowa is pretty much a 5-4 team. They are pretty much a lock to lose against Minnesota (and probably Nebraska, too).

http://www.thedailygopher.com/2015/11/12/9724326/overrated-iowa-deserves-much-less-respect

There sure is a lot of jealous writers out there. Too bad there teams SUCK so bad they feel the need to make fun of a winning team. Guess it sells papers or air time.

Sooooooo, how does this thread read if they come in and win Sat? I don't think they will, but they are a decent team that's playing pretty well and the Hawks have the pressure of closing out. The statement about Mn living rent free in Iowa's head may have some merit.
Don't get me wrong, as a fan base, they display the least class of any in the league. I guess I just dislike stooping to a similar level.

"Iowa is basically a 5-4 football team" huh?
I guess the only reason we are 9-0 is the fact that at the end of every game, we have more points. Funny how that works.

Of all the pathetic, jealous fan bases out there (Wisconsin and Iowa St), Minnesota fans get a bit of a pass from me. We did go into THEIR house and tear down the goal posts. Carried parts of them through the turn styles and deposited pieces all along I-35.
Some of you might say, "But that was 13 years ago, Lightning". To which my response is, "That kind of humiliation lasts 2 or 3 generations!"

Of all the pathetic, jealous fan bases out there (Wisconsin and Iowa St), Minnesota fans get a bit of a pass from me. We did go into THEIR house and tear down the goal posts. Carried parts of them through the turn styles and deposited pieces all along I-35.
Some of you might say, "But that was 13 years ago, Lightning". To which my response is, "That kind of humiliation lasts 2 or 3 generations!"
Yes, this is the kind of thing that starts wars in the Mid East....

Sooooooo, how does this thread read if they come in and win Sat? I don't think they will, but they are a decent team that's playing pretty well and the Hawks have the pressure of closing out. The statement about Mn living rent free in Iowa's head may have some merit.
Don't get me wrong, as a fan base, they display the least class of any in the league. I guess I just dislike stooping to a similar level.

How is posting the dumb things gophers say "stooping to their level"?:confused:

goferman: "Seriously. You know iowa is scared to death of us. And they should be. This is basically the same team we destroyed last year. We'll do it again. Gophers shock the world. 31-27"

Someone bust into the non pink lockeroom and post this on each locker door. Good grief.

...from htenpas over the the Daily Gopher:

It really must hurt when, even in your most delusional moments...your imagination still puts us ahead of you in the conference standings. Ouch.

That reminds me of the time the Iowa player ran into the field goal post at Michigan State and knocked it down. I believe that was back in the early eighties. Iowa is hard on the little fellas. :)

http://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...n-East-Lansing-174427201.html&h=5AQGbrpw5&s=1

Last edited:

Latest posts