Nuggets from radio show

hawkIhoops

• Did not sound like last scholie will be used. Said it would have to be the right fit/ compliment to existing / incoming players.
  • Mentioned Olaseni may have a chance to play on British 20 and under national team this summer. (may be big surprise next year)
  • Talked about getting on Marble for being too tentative...told him we need the aggressive RDM back for Thursday's game.
  • Feels really good about the team for next season. Depth at the guard spot will allow him to go big and small. With more bigs, McCabe may do more pick and pop...thinks he is a true 4, not 3.
  • Talked about Oglesby needing to add leg strength to hold up in games and deal with the Gatens defense he is going to see. Recognized losing Gatens scoring and clutch shooting needs to be replaced...mentioned Oglesby, White and Marble as clutch guys.

I am not surprised that Fran is not showing his cards on spring recruiting,as Iowa fans are rabid and will be all over every move he makes.

But, I am hoping that he is bluffing a bit,and is on the prowl for a perimeter shooter/athlete who is mature enough to stablize our backcourt that will be a bunch of frosh/sophs. I think he knows we need to add,and really go for a tourny bid next year,not bide our time. Our league slate next year is the easiest it will be for many years...time to go!

Latest posts