Now the real question... Fran and recruiting?

skibbe

So, I don't know much about the guy beyond his record and history. Does he have recruiting ties? **Do we have a stipulation that he hire a recruiting coordinator? It'd be nice to hear he has something here.

** note conjecture / brainstorming / curiosity.

Last edited:
I doubt anyone knows what his contract or staff looks like right now. Keep in mind the news he was hired was leaked 20 minutes ago, so the details probably won't come out until a presser tomorrow.

Yeah, no, the question of the stipulation was just conjecture. I get nobody has that information. The real question was whether or not he currently has decent recruiting ties or assistants who do... or if he'll have to completely re-staff to come to Iowa.

His roster at Siena is mostly NY and Philly players.
His last 4 recruiting classes at Siena do not include any recruits with offers from BCS schools.
His current staff has not competed with power conference or even A-10 schools for players...they have gone against Niagra,and those kinds of schools.

I just do not get it,unless he is going to build a new staff of midwest super-recruiters...I sure hope so.

His last 4 recruiting classes at Siena do not include any recruits with offers from BCS schools.
His current staff has not competed with power conference or even A-10 schools for players...they have gone against Niagra,and those kinds of schools.

I just do not get it,unless he is going to build a new staff of midwest super-recruiters...I sure hope so.

Thanks, this is what I was looking for... and based on that "yikes".

If Fran can be successful recruiting the East Coast and bringing those kids to Iowa, that will be fine by me.

There are more great basketball players in Philly and NYC/NJ than there are even in Detroit and Chicago.

In-state and Midwest recruiting will take care of itself if you are winning.

Philly and NY are great... the problem I have is that he doesn't get kids with other big offers. Not to say that he can't now that he is at a bigger school, but if he isn't used to competing for these kids... thats part of it right?

I looked at Siena schedule this year,and they lost every game to either tourny teams like UNI and Georgia Tech, or BCS schools like St Johns...they cleaned up in their conference...thats it.
They did not have the talent to compete with the big boys this year.
Yes, last year they won a game in the tourny,but is that one big win enough to prove he can get Iowa to a talent level to compete night in and night out vs Purdue,OSU and MSU?

Latest posts