now that we have our signiture win

Will HawkeyeRyno finally shut his mouth and quit being a whiny ***** now?

He is banned, although another "Ryno" user named surfaced.

Tednugentfan must be miserable since Iowa won and he cannot complain about how Fran needs to recruit players that can win at this level.

Yeah I'd say its a pretty big win, I actually believe I saw a tweet that it's probably the biggest one win on anybody's resume. Which might be true I can't think of anybody that has a bigger road win in the big ten at least, not sure about all of the ncaa though. Can anyone think of another team with a better road win right now then @OSU?

Edit:Checking the cbs rpi top 30 teams and these were the best road wins I could find by a team.
San diego st win @Kansas.
Cincinnati at Memphis.
arizona got win @san diego st
Memphis won @Louisville

So I would say Iowa's win probably is the best single win of the year in NCAA basketball

Last edited:
We are 4 games into a conference schedule that is murders row every night out. Seeds take care of themselves...one win on the road does not a season make. Don't get me wrong..we are good...but let's not start throwing seeds around.

Agreed. The most important thing this team can do is forget about this win and spend 7 days getting ready for Minny. Minny is a damn good team that we absolutely cannot take for granted. If we lose to Minny, at home, then we have p*ssed away much of what the team earned by beating O$U.

Agreed. The most important thing this team can do is forget about this win and spend 7 days getting ready for Minny. Minny is a damn good team that we absolutely cannot take for granted. If we lose to Minny, at home, then we have p*ssed away much of what the team earned by beating O$U.

I disagree with this. Regardless of what happens against Minnesota, today's win gives us the kind of feather in our cap we didn't have last year. If we'd won even just one of those games against the top teams last year, we probably get into the tournament. A loss next weekend certainly wouldn't help, but this is a tournament team, barring a monumental collapse.

Yeah I'd say its a pretty big win, I actually believe I saw a tweet that it's probably the biggest one win on anybody's resume. Which might be true I can't think of anybody that has a bigger road win in the big ten at least, not sure about all of the ncaa though. Can anyone think of another team with a better road win right now then @OSU?

Edit:Checking the cbs rpi top 30 teams and these were the best road wins I could find by a team.
San diego st win @Kansas.
Cincinnati at Memphis.
arizona got win @san diego st
Memphis won @Louisville

So I would say Iowa's win probably is the best single win of the year in NCAA basketball

UNC win at MSU

Don't care what Minney is like, MUST beat them at home. Minney is a chucker team, if they get hot they will give us a game. If they are off Iowa kills them.

How can we even talk about seeding right now?? I want to compete for the BIG title, after that we will have time to worry about seeding.

How can we even talk about seeding right now?? I want to compete for the BIG title, after that we will have time to worry about seeding.

By typing a bunch of words that form sentences that end up being about seeding. Duh.

I agree that Iowa needs to remain focused and be ready for Minnesota. It feels like a trap game to me - that team just walked into Breslin and took MSU to OT. Even if MSU wasn't 100%, that still is something that got my attention. Gut feeling says that Sunday's game is going to be a tough one.

That said, I think if Iowa loses, it will go down as a signature win for Minnesota, not so much a bad loss for Iowa. I'd hate to see Iowa slip up in this game after getting such a big road win, though.

I agree that Iowa needs to remain focused and be ready for Minnesota. It feels like a trap game to me - that team just walked into Breslin and took MSU to OT. Even if MSU wasn't 100%, that still is something that got my attention. Gut feeling says that Sunday's game is going to be a tough one.

That said, I think if Iowa loses, it will go down as a signature win for Minnesota, not so much a bad loss for Iowa. I'd hate to see Iowa slip up in this game after getting such a big road win, though.

This is the one thing I like about Iowa not playing a game during the week. It gives the players a chance to celebrate but then get their heads back on straight. After next Sundays game they only get 2 days of rest over the following 3 games and they won't get another breather until after the February 8th game against Michigan. I think by the time they play Minnesota they will be chomping at the bit to get back out there.

I'm not worried about Minnesota at all. We have more talent. We have more depth. Their inside game is not anywhere near our level. We have a week to prepare. It's a home game. Our team has a lot of leadership and won't look past them.

And the number 1 reason I'm not worried...Minnesota hosts Ohio State Thursday night. Ohio State needs that win. Minnesota needs that win. It's going to be a war and then they have to turn around and play us on Sunday.

the B1G is the best conference in the nation

every team could beat the hawks on the right night

(remember when the team with devon f-ing archie starting at center beat purdue? that could happen to the hawks)

run the table at home, pick up 4 road wins.

Latest posts