November 5

OUTofTOWNHAWK

Well it happens again. Another one of my friends gets married on a saturday in fall. Last time this happened was the Michigan State game when seven got six. I had free tickets to that game in East Lansing.

I was at that game. Drove up by myself from Chicago. I thought I was going to get a beaten after the game. Guess Sparty wasn't too happy!!!!

I was at that game. Drove up by myself from Chicago. I thought I was going to get a beaten after the game. Guess Sparty wasn't too happy!!!!

I live in Michigan and after that wedding I happen to get to the bar for the final four plays. There was a table full of spartys and I was wearing my lucky Iowa wristband and my tux still. I showed it to the table, they had a chuckle and I watched the last plays with them. When Marvin caught the ball I started yelling and made a trip around the bar. I then went up to the bar after my big scene and there was one of the spartys standing there ****** grabbing another drink. The bar tender who knows me because its a spot that I have been going to for a long time. Looks at me and smiles turns to sparty and saids "What happened? Who won?"

I remember my cousin was being baptized back in I believe 0'6 when Iowa played Syracuse and it went into like 2 overtimes. Try waiting in church while a fiasco like that was going on and you had no way of knowing what was going on, just getting brief texts from your friend saying they had 8 chances inside the 5 and didn't score a TD. Nerve racking bro. Good news was out of those 8 texts I never heard of "cuse scoring lmao

Don't go.

It's not someone else's fault that they decided to get married in the fall, it's your fault for going to the wedding.

I admit I got married during Iowa-Northwestern 2005. Had to go to the rectory to get the wedding started and Iowa was up 27-14 with only a few minutes left. I am guessing you guys know the rest. :(

My sister and bro-in-law who are in our group of season ticket holders have the same issue for the MSU game. My bro-in-law wants to skip it but my sister is in the wedding. I know if it was me, I would be watching a video tape of the wedding afterwards.

Of all of the times in the year to get married, why would people get married (especially on Iowa Football Saturdays in this state) in the fall on a Saturday? They have to be ISU fans, indifferent, or at least somewhat selfish.

Do it in the summer for crying out loud.

Of all of the times in the year to get married, why would people get married (especially on Iowa Football Saturdays in this state) in the fall on a Saturday? They have to be ISU fans, indifferent, or at least somewhat selfish.

Do it in the summer for crying out loud.

Some of us white folk melt in the summer. Wouldn't have worked unless I carried a sweat rag around all day.

Your friend didn't stand a chance of deciding when the wedding would be. There is only one thing that boys like more than their toys and THAT is between a woman's legs. Once she starts handing it out, your friend didn't stand a chance and he was not about to try and tell her "not on a hawkeye weekend."

Been a rule in my family that nobody plans anything during football season. Weddings, birthday parties are all but shut down on Saturdays.

Your friend didn't stand a chance of deciding when the wedding would be. There is only one thing that boys like more than their toys and THAT is between a woman's legs. Once she starts handing it out, your friend didn't stand a chance and he was not about to try and tell her "not on a hawkeye weekend."

Nonsense. If you are Ok with that date, then so be it. Only a truly pathetic man would allow this to go down against his wishes though. My wife's first suggestion of a date fell on a Hawk game day. I told her flat out that I would not be attending said wedding if the date was not changed. She gladly picked a new date seeing as my attendance was kind of an integral part to the whole process. No amount of tail is worth missing the Hawks. Life, and football seasons are just too short.

I would not attend the wedding. I do not care if it is one of my brothers, and I am the best man. That is a fact. :p :D

We got engaged a couple summers ago and she understood that a fall wedding was not an option. Didnt bother her one bit as she likes going to Iowa games almost as much as me.

I had to go to a wedding in Denver last October and miss the PSU game. My wife was in the wedding. I would never put my friends, who care about the Hawks just as much as me, in that position.

Latest posts