Notre Dame turmoil?

apparently there is a quote from Tressell to the press where he said something like "we're moving in doors to keep the guys who record out of the weather" less than 24 hrs before this happened. can anyone find that quote to confirm that? Kelly knew what he was doing.

apparently there is a quote from Tressell to the press where he said something like "we're moving in doors to keep the guys who record out of the weather" less than 24 hrs before this happened. can anyone find that quote to confirm that? Kelly knew what he was doing.

Ya, I saw Tressel say that on a video interview from a Tuesday, the day before this happened at ND, I believe.

Iowa practiced in Kinnick that same day for the very reason that the winds made being on the same type of lift that collapsed at ND very unsafe.

iahawk72

If Kelly is coaching ND next year, I will be disgusted. I said in the thread when incident happened that Kelly should be fired immediately.

Wow, possibly another new coach in south bend next year! This is definitely something that could have and should have been prevented. That's really too bad.

Kelly has a powder puff schedule but in spite of easy games he runs killer practices.

I think Kelly knew exactly what was going on, but didn't care.

Same with Swarbrick, who came out the next day and said something about how the conditions weren't extraordinary, until this sudden gust of wind came out of nowhere. Unadulterated bull.

They were both present when the kid fell, and both have his blood on their hands, because they didn't do the right thing.

ultimately some mom and dad somewhere right now is grieving the loss of a son that was completely avoidable.

Therefore someone is responsible.

ultimately some mom and dad somewhere right now is grieving the loss of a son that was completely avoidable.

Therefore someone is responsible.

the school will surely get hit with a huge negligence lawsuit. not that it would, but it should come out of Kelly's paycheck if they keep him. in the "real world" almost everyone would get fired/resign in a circumstance like this to avoid such a lawsuit. we'll see what happens.

They've been talking about this a lot this week on 670 The Score, and they've played a lot of the soundbites by Kelly, after the accident and then after the game against Tulsa.

After listening to some of his comments, the only conclusion I can draw is that Kelly is a poor excuse of a human being.

They've been talking about this a lot this week on 670 The Score, and they've played a lot of the soundbites by Kelly, after the accident and then after the game against Tulsa.

After listening to some of his comments, the only conclusion I can draw is that Kelly is a poor excuse of a human being.

Another great reminder that there's more to the win-loss record of the head coach...we are SO fortunate to have KF. I think 80% of college head coaches are dirt-bags.

I think Kelly knew exactly what was going on, but didn't care.

Same with Swarbrick, who came out the next day and said something about how the conditions weren't extraordinary, until this sudden gust of wind came out of nowhere. Unadulterated bull.

They were both present when the kid fell, and both have his blood on their hands, because they didn't do the right thing.

Either they didn't care or they are complete morons....... I work in the aerial industry and even the simplest simons in the world knew not to go up that week during the wind. If that had happened to one of my employees I would already be out of a job............

the school will surely get hit with a huge negligence lawsuit. not that it would, but it should come out of Kelly's paycheck if they keep him. in the "real world" almost everyone would get fired/resign in a circumstance like this to avoid such a lawsuit. we'll see what happens.

This is why little will be coming out about this incident from the college. Anything they say right now could be used and they are doing an "internal investigation" to collect facts to try and build a defense, as much as trying to figure out what happened. I am guessing the parents get a pretty big offer to settle.

I highly doubt his paycheck will be enough to cover the settlement. Notre Dame is going to get hit hard on this one and I think either Kelly or the AD will be gone.

Latest posts