Nothing to hang their heads about, one of those days were unfortunately things were going against you

HaydenHawk56

Incredible shooting by LSU players. Even bank shots going in.
Terrible officiating put Iowa stars on the bench.

Iowa played well, but they need more parts yet. Hopefully NIL can give Caitlin a few more pieces to the puzzle and they make another run of it.

The second quarter and that damn Jasmine girl

Cost us the game

They were something like 9-12 from beyond the arc in the first half

The three-point banked shot with time running out in the first half decided the game for Real

There's a chance for them to be back here again next year, but it just seems out of reach with the squad we have returning. I don't know what hurts more - the fact we lost today, or the high likelihood that I may never see them in a game like this again in my lifetime.

Part of the story of this game was a technical foul that was issued against Clark for flipping a ball behind her back after a fourth foul was called on teammate Monika Czinano with 1:04 left in the third quarter. That also became Clark’s fourth personal foul. Talk about a double whammy in Iowa’s championship hopes. LSU’s lead was 73-64 at the time of the T, and that put Clark and Czinano – who have more than 5,000 points between them – on the bench.

And This:

Jasmine Carson, a reserve guard who didn’t score a point in LSU’s previous three tournament games, stole the show in the second quarter. (Or at least shared the show with game officials, who called two offensive fouls on Clark within a 3:00 span to send her to the bench with three fouls. Some of the calls on both sides were befuddling.

This kind of says it all

Rally destroyed: Just like that

There's a chance for them to be back here again next year, but it just seems out of reach with the squad we have returning. I don't know what hurts more - the fact we lost today, or the high likelihood that I may never see them in a game like this again in my lifetime.
Get an Amazon at Center and they are in business.

Incredible shooting by LSU players. Even bank shots going in.
Terrible officiating put Iowa stars on the bench.

Iowa played well, but they need more parts yet. Hopefully NIL can give Caitlin a few more pieces to the puzzle and they make another run of it.
I'm hoping Stuelke has a Garza-like jump into her Sophmore year ... O'Grady get's a little more Czinano-like in her drop-step lay-in ... Caitlin starts a gym-time appointment with them starting Wednesday ... and, Caitlin decides to return for her 5th after she's coached BOTH of them up to handle the quick play.

That said, I struggle to believe Iowa will EVER get this far again before CC gets her chex next year.

I'm hoping Stuelke has a Garza-like jump into her Sophmore year ... O'Grady get's a little more Czinano-like in her drop-step lay-in ... Caitlin starts a gym-time appointment with them starting Wednesday ... and, Caitlin decides to return for her 5th after she's coached BOTH of them up to handle the quick play.

That said, I struggle to believe Iowa will EVER get this far again before CC gets her chex next year.
How far do you see them going with Caitlin in the next 1 to 2 years? I suppose it depends on who else they can bring in from the NIL.

Is Iowa a top 5 team for pre-season ratings?

How far do you see them going with Caitlin in the next 1 to 2 years? I suppose it depends on who else they can bring in from the NIL.

Is Iowa a top 5 team for pre-season ratings?
Not sure top 5; definitely top 10 with Marshall, Martin and CC back. I just don't think they'll live up over the course without Czinano, unless ... UNLESS, Stuelke makes a big jump in both production and toughness. Caitlin on record saying Hannah could be "best" at Iowa (even after Megan and Mon). Hope her assessment comes true, while O'Grady can support with 8 and 8. It's the size (which is always the bottom line with women) that Iowa lacks. Having 6'2 and 6'4 able to grab boards would go a long way to giving CC more shots.

What? Caitlin is cashing her checks now! More than she’ll make anytime in the WNBA.

Not sure top 5; definitely top 10 with Marshall, Martin and CC back. I just don't think they'll live up over the course without Czinano, unless ... UNLESS, Stuelke makes a big jump in both production and toughness. Caitlin on record saying Hannah could be "best" at Iowa (even after Megan and Mon). Hope her assessment comes true, while O'Grady can support with 8 and 8. It's the size (which is always the bottom line with women) that Iowa lacks. Having 6'2 and 6'4 able to grab boards would go a long way to giving CC more shots.
Would be a huge mistake not to hit the portal, Caitlin doesn’t have the time to wait for players to develop.

It's just deflating to think about next year's chances as far as winning it all, going through the off-season and regular season just to get a chance. I don't mean that we won't be good. Just all of the things that could happen.

Major injuries (Iowa State, etc).

In the tournament, LSU was down double digits in the 3rd quarter to VA Tech.

They were down by 1 with 10 seconds left to Utah. LSU got up by 1 but sent Utah to the line with 4 seconds left and the girl missed them both. (I had forgotten it was them that the girl air balled the first free throw. How does she feel now that LSU won it all?)

We were ahead of Georgia by 2 with 47 seconds left.

If we play South Carolina 100 times, how many do we win? I don't know but if we don't bring our A+ game and have SC not be able to hit outside shots, we don't win many.

Angel Reese is back. Paige Bueckers is back.

One of the top teams (hopefully us?) gets top transfers/recruits and builds a dream team.

Sorry to be negative, but it just sucks to get that close and then have to start the process all over again just to hope things work out again.

Latest posts