Nothing Like Having a Coach on the Floor

So ya as I was saying Toussaint should be out there at the end of the game over Evelyn who threw a terrible pass right under the hoop for a Penn State basket. That will be interesting to follow in close games going forward.

So ya as I was saying Toussaint should be out there at the end of the game over Evelyn who threw a terrible pass right under the hoop for a Penn State basket. That will be interesting to follow in close games going forward.
I don’t necessarily disagree with you guys, but Evelyn had 8 points in the last 7:40 tonight and hit all free throws. He’s out there for a reason to finish games at this point.

I don’t necessarily disagree with you guys, but Evelyn had 8 points in the last 7:40 tonight and hit all free throws. He’s out there for a reason to finish games at this point.
Choosing Evelyn over JT against Sparty didn't turn out too well. If you don't value defense, I guess Evelyn would be an ok decision.
Doesn't JT hit over 80% from the line? I don't recall him missing free throws towards the end of games.

Evelyn does a bone headed thing every now and again, same as JT, JW, RK and CP. Ya live with it. His experience is showing and he has been clutch a LOT lately. Best to roll with a 5th year veteran over a freshman at crunch time.

Conner now has 109 assists to 24 turnovers (4.54 ratio). That ratio is leading the nation by a wide margin ... next best is 3.92 and 3.53.

We have a solid 8 man rotation at this point. They will be a very tough out in the NCAA.

Side Note - I want to win out and get the BTT double bye. But I won’t be devastated if we are 1 and done in the BTT. This year’s NCAA is wide open. And Luka could use a week of rest. He’s playing hard like always but he’s clearly in need of rest IMO.

I posted that I had changed my mind on Conner early in the Big season, he is simple the "glue guy". He simple makes plays where they need to be made. I wasn't wrong about him at PG, I see him as a every position player who can do it all. Swiss army knife with amazing BB IQ. We are lucky to have him.

Conner/Evelyn is the backcourt Fran trusts late in close games.

Latest posts