Notebook: Still No Decision on Hawkeye Transfer Oliver Martin

Makes you wonder if some universities do something "extra" to get the NCAA's favor on decisions. It should be pretty simple. Grab Martins request and info. See if it meets the criteria. An hour later let Iowa know, then move onto the next case or go home if all the work is done.

Oliver Martin update, injury report, position battles, true freshmen outlook:

LINK

Do you think if Martin was transferring from Iowa to a blue blood program, do you think the NCAA would have already made a decision on his case? It just seems like when a blue blood program gets a transfer in, said player always gets approved.

Do you think if Martin was transferring from Iowa to a blue blood program, do you think the NCAA would have already made a decision on his case? It just seems like when a blue blood program gets a transfer in, said player always gets approved.

I know that's how it seems, especially with the high-profile transfers of Fields and Martell. And maybe that is the case.

However, paying closer attention to it this offseason while following the Martin case, there doesn't appear to be any pattern by the NCAA. And there's no transparency with the NCAA to know what factors into these decisions.

So, that's a long way of saying, I don't know.

Having known a few people who have worked in the NCAA circle, my understanding is that our belief that they cowtow to certain big name programs is not accurate. They do, however, give more attention to the Power 5 conferences (and ND) as that is who butters their bread. In other words, my sense is that an email from any given AD is probably not going to move the meter much, but if one of the conference commishes is unhappy with them, they take note. Take that for what's its worth.

My take on Martin is that the papers were submitted relatively late in the process, its a close call, its taking some time to dot all the i's......

Brock Hoffman was just denied and I believe his mother was sick. However I am not certain he used a lawyer.

If this breaks, will the Big 10 Network take a break from their daily 23 hours coverage of Ohio St to announce this? Now they announced Urban Meyer is working for them:mad:

More like 19 hours for Ohio St, 2 hours each for Penn St. and Michigan, 1 hour for all other teams combined.

Latest posts