Not pretty, but gritty and needed for psyche

biasedHAWKEYE

Iowa simply was the tougher team down the stretch. Uthoff made huge rebounds, Mike played lights out, Clemmons with the smart charge, Woodbury taking some big shots late. Great win for the team for confidence.

And White didn't force shots even though he wasn't hitting them. Just a great win by the hawks. I almost forgot what it is like to have them finish a big time game when needed.

Iowa simply was the tougher team down the stretch. Uthoff made huge rebounds, Mike played lights out, Clemmons with the smart charge, Woodbury taking some big shots late. Great win for the team for confidence.

Uthoff on the boards was HUGE!

Grit and intensity was prevalent. Huge win to draw from when other tough road games come. Fran just helped cool down Gary's Barta's seat tonight.

Grit and intensity was prevalent. Huge win to draw from when other tough road games come. Fran just helped cool down Gary's Barta's seat tonight.

One should not affect the other -- GarBar's seat should remain fiery until he's gone or 2020, whichever comes first.

This is how close we were numerous games last year. Last years team was legit. Other teams made every play they needed. Or we missed. We still need to learn to put teams away (ie. Make a shot or 2) but I'm proud of the effort and victory. These kids deserve this. They've fought tooth n nail game in and game out and never gave up regardless of the score. Hopefully this gets the monkey off the back and we move forward from here. Regardless, thanks Hawks, we needed this too!

The Hawks were the more aggressive team. They wanted it more and played with a chip on there shoulder. MG was able to finish at the rim. That should help their confidence.

And besides....we beat a bunch of MCD AA's on their home court.....A much needed win and it comes at a good time and an even more fitting "W" against RW....We need to see Iowa play like this more often (but we have some players that need a little more fire lit under their a$$e$)....Og's, Jok, Trey scare me beyond being scared....When the game was on the line Fran finally had the kids in there that can handle that type of game atmosphere....And they truly wanted the win more than NC....keep up that intensity and we see a few more of those close games come to fruition.....

And besides....we beat a bunch of MCD AA's on their home court.....A much needed win and it comes at a good time and an even more fitting "W" against RW....We need to see Iowa play like this more often (but we have some players that need a little more fire lit under their a$$e$)....Og's, Jok, Trey scare me beyond being scared....When the game was on the line Fran finally had the kids in there that can handle that type of game atmosphere....And they truly wanted the win more than NC....keep up that intensity and we see a few more of those close games come to fruition.....

Yes, but I was glad to see Fran get them some minutes in thus environment. Dom too. That will pay off down there road. As they all have potential to play significant minutes later in their season.

After his second shot late in the second half (possibly the hook shot) did Woody run by the Iowa bench and make a gesture lifting his arms to the Tarheel fans sitting behind the Iowa subs? I thought I caught it at the top of the TV screen but then they didn't show it again.

Is so, glad he did. Nice to see him with a swagger.

That had to be a fun plane ride home.

This is how close we were numerous games last year. Last years team was legit. Other teams made every play they needed. Or we missed. We still need to learn to put teams away (ie. Make a shot or 2) but I'm proud of the effort and victory. These kids deserve this. They've fought tooth n nail game in and game out and never gave up regardless of the score. Hopefully this gets the monkey off the back and we move forward from here. Regardless, thanks Hawks, we needed this too!

I agree about last year's team. 2 things happened last night that we had no control over. The ref could have called a block on Clemmons instead of a charge, and Paige could have nailed that 3 to tie it. If either of those things happen, we are probably all complaining about giving another one away.

We didn't really do anything different this game than we did all the others we lost. Close games come down to a little luck and we finally had some this time. This post isnt meant to take away from last night's win. It's meant more to defend last year's team.

Latest posts