Not Concerned at All

ChosenChildren

We have a great coaching staff. They know what they are doing. They have recruited well.

We are in a rebuilding year in a tough conference. I predict 6-6 and a minor bowl, which we win to go 7-6. Be happy with it. Look for growth and improvement. Next year or the year after that will be better. Don't panic. Be patient. We have been competitive for over 30 years in this conference - I don't see that changing with this current staff.

Why do we have meltdowns on this board after every loss? We lost to a good team (with a great defense) on the road. Is that really a huge surprise to anybody?

We have 3 winnable games coming up. Let's win some or all of them!!!

Im not in panic mode, but i am very concerned with this team. The complete lack of enthusiasm and pride is very concerning. The lack of fundamental football is very concerning.

On defense we cant tackle well or get off blocks. This d-line is abysmal at the point of attack. Our LB get lost in the chaos during runs. And on top of not getting off blocks, when we occasionally do, we cant tackle. This last game the whole defense had the deer in headlights look.

On offense we have a running back that is taking too long to hit the hole. He looks like he is moving in slow motion. Our offensive line is not establishing itself in the running game at all. No push. And then we couldn't pass the ball because our WR were not getting separation from the defense.

But the biggest thing of all is the lack of pride in this team, especially the defense.

A coach with KF's tenure should not even have a "building year." and I will not "be happy with it".

I derp,derp your post.

Agreed
It will be a challenging year but nobody expected an undefeated season.

KF and assistants get them focused on NU.

We have a great coaching staff. They know what they are doing. They have recruited well.

We are in a rebuilding year in a tough conference. I predict 6-6 and a minor bowl, which we win to go 7-6. Be happy with it. Look for growth and improvement. Next year or the year after that will be better. Don't panic. Be patient. We have been competitive for over 30 years in this conference - I don't see that changing with this current staff.

Why do we have meltdowns on this board after every loss? We lost to a good team (with a great defense) on the road. Is that really a huge surprise to anybody?

Penn State wouldn't become bowl eligible this year if they played in the SEC. They are average.... just like we are this year.

Why do we have meltdowns? Because its fun. It fulfills our lives. Just as living vicariously through a bunch of 18 - 22 year old football players does. In that vain, and only beacause of that, I will continue.

CC, what drug are you on? Please pass the syringe my way. Get real dude.

Great coaching staff? For a $4 million + change head coach you better produce better than the crap has has showed up at this year's games. For $5,555 per minute of game time I believe we should be able expect a bit more from our head coach and his buddies. At anyplace other than Iowa this would be totally unacceptable. But I guess if you think Ferentz is a god then its OK.

They know what they are doing? That's quite debatable. Ferentz runs the show. He limits KOK to what he can call. Parker runs the same schemes he always has, regardless of the talent. Good Lord, make some changes to fit your player's talents. Show the fans that live blood runs through your veins. The only way this team wins is by putting itself on the shoulders of Vandenberg and McNutt and praying that they have big games on offense. On defense the only way we have a prayer is to bring people and hope the average quality quarterbacks of the BIG make mistakes. Yet the coaching staff insists on running the crap out of the ball and never bringing anyone. Predictable as the sun coming up.

Oh, by the way. CJF is a physical freak, the likes of which we see very seldomly at Iowa, yet he is nowhere to be seen. Our third string TE is doing a bang uop job in there this year!! I doubt that Stoops, Miles or Saban make that same call. Any chances CJ transfers?

They have recruited well. Recruit, yes. Maintain, No. We are down a full recruiting class over the last 3 years. That speaks quite poorly to the coaching staff. No D1 team has as many walk ons in their two deeps as us. Recruits that leave early and often have killed this program. We have few quality starters and zero depth at many poistions. Why do we still have scolarships available to give each year but don't fill them with quality recruits? But remember, don't question this great coaching staff.

Rebuilding year in a tough conference? Outside of Wisky (and they are one injury away from being mediocre), the BIG is quite poor from top to bottom this year. By the way, PSU is NOT a great team with a great defense. We also have only 1 winnable game left on the schedule, at Minnesota. But remember how that played out last year.

However, don't panic. Be patient. Next year, or the year after, or the year after or ..... we'll be better. Remember your an Iowa fan. You are expected to happily accept mediocrity. Four years from now can't come soon enough.

End of meltdown rant.

Have a nice day.

head_in_sand.jpg