Not be be gloomy but next year...

I wonder if the bowl practices lead to anyone changing from offense to defense based on how recruiting is going. Blythe might make for a great d-tackle with his size and wrestling background, and I believe he was very good both ways in high school. His loss to the o-line might be easier to cover due to depth and incoming recruits. Henry Kreiger-Coble was also a good defender in HS and with the depth at TE could potentially be a candidate to switch as well.

Don't forget Darian Cooper. Currently redshirting. Highly rated DL prospect Iowa landed in the 2011 recruiting class.

Cooper and Davis look to be beasts. This class we already have Jaleel Johnson who is a 4 star kid. 4/5 star DL Faith Ekatitie is high on us and now the rumors surrounding Schutt. If we could land both of them we could be looking at a DLine that could rival the 2009 and 2010 skill level.

The whole season hinges on who our DC is. If it is a Parker (Norm or Phil), it will b more of the same ugliness (mediocre at best). If it is Stoops, I think that can allow our players to make plays on D, and our O shud b good

The whole season hinges on who our DC is. If it is a Parker (Norm or Phil), it will b more of the same ugliness (mediocre at best). If it is Stoops, I think that can allow our players to make plays on D, and our O shud b good
Sorry, but Norm Parker>Mike Stoops as a DC. It is only his health that concerns most of us at this point. We just didn't have enough talent up front this year.

yep, talent isnt there, i dont care who the d coord is, with this talent you are not going to get great results

have you seen the RS freshman and the ones RS this year in person to be quailified to make that statement about not having talent?
or a NFL level talent scout that has been taught to evaluate talent

there are 8 freshmen on this team 4 that are Red Shirting and 4 that already Red Shirted, we will have just 2 Sr's and 1 Jr on the roster
Alvis the Jr was a starter and probably would have been if not for the injury,
it is obvious you know nothing about this team , and only spew crap about something you know nothing about

Latest posts