Not all stanzi fault

But when you are an experienced QB, playing in your home stadium, do you force a long throw long into the wind or do you look to a secondary receiver who is open in the flank? Most of the criticism of Stanzi is that he makes his read before the snap and then stares down the receiver he has chosen. It would be good to see him break that habit.

He was throwing into the wind receivers were open when he threw the ball

You obviously weren't at the game today! Ricky made some bad decisions. The two deep balls were into the wind & he hung them - how is that on anyone but him? The pick intended for Moeaki was overthrown into double coverage. Then the other two were no where near his target.

I'm actually a fan of Stanzi b/c of his poise - he showed it again today. Even after 5 INT, he still made the plays he needed to in the 4th qtr. But to say they weren't his fault is inaccurate.

The one to DJK on the throwback was partially his fault, yet I can't blame him for it. Single coverage, DJK undressed that guy on the route, but the ball hung up too long. He had Wegher in the flat, but my eyes probably would've gotten big too if I saw DJK that open.

I said not all of it was Stanzi fault, i understand stand he had some bad throws but look at Indiana QB n the 4th wth the wind wasnt able to make a play

You obviously weren't at the game today! Ricky made some bad decisions. The two deep balls were into the wind & he hung them - how is that on anyone but him? The pick intended for Moeaki was overthrown into double coverage. Then the other two were no where near his target.

I'm actually a fan of Stanzi b/c of his poise - he showed it again today. Even after 5 INT, he still made the plays he needed to in the 4th qtr. But to say they weren't his fault is inaccurate.
This. The wind is what caused them, because DJK (pretty sure it was him both times), but he never should have thrown it. Especially not repeatedly.

Wasn't it DJK on both of those deep balls? On both, he just waited for the ball to come to him, rather than his going to get it.

Anybody see what the Indiana receiver did in the 4th when their QB tried to throw a deep ball? He went back for the ball and then broke up the INT attempt by our player.

Stanzi should've known better than throw the deep ball into the wind, particularly after the first one, and our receivers have to go TO the ball instead of WAITING for it.

But when you are an experienced QB, playing in your home stadium, do you force a long throw long into the wind or do you look to a secondary receiver who is open in the flank? Most of the criticism of Stanzi is that he makes his read before the snap and then stares down the receiver he has chosen. It would be good to see him break that habit.

The play calls were KOK calls, but YES an experienced QB should be able to throw the ball a little better than that. Throw it deeper, lead the receiver more or throw it sooner!

BUT I would rather see him pump-fake and find a secondary receiver...

Can that be taught/coached? I would think so, I'm not an expert on that tho...
He just stares down his targets, too! That absolutely drives me nuts when I see a QB do that! At least try turning to one side at the snap for a quick pump fake, just like the play action, then turning to throw to your target.. I would think that too could be coached or am I wrong here???

Wasn't it DJK on both of those deep balls? On both, he just waited for the ball to come to him, rather than his going to get it.

Anybody see what the Indiana receiver did in the 4th when their QB tried to throw a deep ball? He went back for the ball and then broke up the INT attempt by our player.

Stanzi should've known better than throw the deep ball into the wind, particularly after the first one, and our receivers have to go TO the ball instead of WAITING for it.

This is the first thing I noticed on both balls thrown down the field to DJK. He just sat down, didnt even try to come back to the ball. Im sure he will see it in film tomorrow.

Latest posts