NOT a complaint.. just observation

Ok, to reply to this. What are we gonna slow down? Our running game is probably the least dependable its been in 10-15 years right now. Do you prefer eating up 2 minutes at a time with 3 and outs? Not to mention the slippery ball they seem to be carrying this year?

As far as conditioning, when the defense sees no huddle fast paced offense in practice, it will lead to their being better conditioned come game time. Not to mention it will help us figure out just how to stop it, on a more consistent basis.

The ONLY thing that is going to make our run game relevant this year is an effective passing game, and I dont know if YOU noticed, but I sure do, we have the weapons to make that happen!

I take it you're too young to have watched the Hawks in 2004? Hard to get less dependable than when your season leading rusher has less than 300 yards.

C ould you be a bigger d!ck? FU

Not trying to be a dick. FFS Im a cubs fan, we are amongst the most familiar with bad teams in any sport.

But when you have the potential to do something, and hold it back, its way more frustrating than just having plain ****** teams (100+ years worth for my cubbies)

I take it you're too young to have watched the Hawks in 2004? Hard to get less dependable than when your season leading rusher has less than 300 yards.

Lol, in 2004 I was fulfilling military obligations, Ill admit I wasnt able to be as deeply involved in hawk sports as I would have liked.

Not trying to be a dick. FFS Im a cubs fan, we are amongst the most familiar with bad teams in any sport.

But when you have the potential to do something, and hold it back, its way more frustrating than just having plain ****** teams (100+ years worth for my cubbies)
Ok, Cubs fan too. Truce? LOL Too good of a Hawkeye day to be Clownin.

Ok, to reply to this. What are we gonna slow down? Our running game is probably the least dependable its been in 10-15 years right now. Do you prefer eating up 2 minutes at a time with 3 and outs? Not to mention the slippery ball they seem to be carrying this year?

As far as conditioning, when the defense sees no huddle fast paced offense in practice, it will lead to their being better conditioned come game time. Not to mention it will help us figure out just how to stop it, on a more consistent basis.

The ONLY thing that is going to make our run game relevant this year is an effective passing game, and I dont know if YOU noticed, but I sure do, we have the weapons to make that happen!

For one thing, if our offense is as explosive as you say it is this won't happen regardless of a huddle or no huddle so I don't see how it's a worthwhile argument too make and the running game isn't great but it's not awful either.

Also, we are moving the ball down the field with short passes, which kind of replaces the run game in a way. You can slow down the game by doing this even if you can't run the ball, NFL teams do this quite often.

Plus, once again, I'd have concerns implementing an offense full time, that has not been worked on until the season starts and I'm sure that's the concern the coaching staff has.

I don't mind slowly implementing it, like is going on right now but I think it would be an absolute mistake to go with this fast paced offense based upon success against a Pitt team that was playing prevent and Louisiana-Monroe.

running up the score is a d!k head move. never ever run up a score when you don't need to. I would say I like the mix. you can run out of a no huddle but it doesn't slow the game down when you need to slow it down. again we are a pro style offense, that's why we get the recruits we do. but again I like the mix up of no huddle and basic pro style. gives us more options later in the season. winning by 24 will still bring in recruits.
I couldnt disagree more. If you dont wanna lose by A LOT, then dont schedule that caliber of a team. You see elite programs dropping 60-70 points on teams like this. And they get the 5 star recruits. If you want to keep running an obsolete offense (for college football) and losing 2-3 games on seasons we should lose maybe ONE.. thats your right, you can hope for that all you want. I want my favorite team to win a national title someday though, and that takes updating the philosophy to a beat everyone in every way possible, including beating people by 50 points. Dont be such a bleeding heart liberal, the players will get over it.

bleeding heart liberal. that's funny. I couldn't get any more conservative. not running up the score- its called class and tact. if you want to be like those "elites" then go follow those programs. Iowa has always been a class act program. if you wanna be a d-bag be my guest but Kirk will never be that Guy (intentionally) thank God for that.

next time you wanna judge someone think about smart Guy.

For one thing, if our offense is as explosive as you say it is this won't happen regardless of a huddle or no huddle so I don't see how it's a worthwhile argument too make and the running game isn't great but it's not awful either.

Also, we are moving the ball down the field with short passes, which kind of replaces the run game in a way. You can slow down the game by doing this even if you can't run the ball, NFL teams do this quite often.

Plus, once again, I'd have concerns implementing an offense full time, that has not been worked on until the season starts and I'm sure that's the concern the coaching staff has.

I don't mind slowly implementing it, like is going on right now but I think it would be an absolute mistake to go with this fast paced offense based upon success against a Pitt team that was playing prevent and Louisiana-Monroe.

Ill use what else I know to give a familiar analogy..

If youre a boxer in MMA, and you can KO guys with one punch, and youre eh so so with your jui jitsu and youre facing a guy who wants to stand with you with poor boxing, youre not going to take the guy down are you? No youre going to utilize the skillset in its most prosperous way.

Our offense is explosive in the no huddle, quick style.

On the big positive side, is anyone else noticing how hard our d is stickin it to people today? Bernsteins block made me tingle.

Ill use what else I know to give a familiar analogy..

If youre a boxer in MMA, and you can KO guys with one punch, and youre eh so so with your jui jitsu and youre facing a guy who wants to stand with you with poor boxing, youre not going to take the guy down are you? No youre going to utilize the skillset in its most prosperous way.

Our offense is explosive in the no huddle, quick style.

May or may not be true, our evidence is based upon results against ULM and a Pittsburgh team in the prevent defense.

bleeding heart liberal. that's funny. I couldn't get any more conservative. not running up the score- its called class and tact. if you want to be like those "elites" then go follow those programs. Iowa has always been a class act program. if you wanna be a d-bag be my guest but Kirk will never be that Guy (intentionally) thank God for that.

next time you wanna judge someone think about smart Guy.

Ok, you can be aggresive and classy at the same time. I would consider Stoops a classy coach, and Im sure Ive seen Oklahoma put up 70 in a game. When was the last time Iowa did?

Takes a tons of energy to do that. I would be shock to see how do this non-stop. In fact no way will you ever see that from a KF coached team. Iowa running a abbv. version of it.

This is what I meant when I mentioned delusional fans. No, Im NOT complaining, hence the "NOT a complaint..." part in the title. Im happy with the way the game is going, maybe you missed the point where I said "Im pleasantly surprised we went for the juggular"? Well, you probably didnt miss it, just ignored it because it didnt blend well with your ignorant reply.

I can say i am not insulting you but you are kind of a ****** bag. But it would still be an insult...

bchilds420.

I'm betting you've never played football or any sport for that matter. taking page out of your play book and judging. do you know what happens when you run the score up on teams. the opposing players (some times) will start to head hunt. looking for cheap shots. we don't need that. stoops isn't the classiest coach out there and thank God he's not at Iowa. for those of you who love stoops, remember he walked into an elite program. easy to maintain.

so stay classy bchilds. Iowa doesn't need fans that want to embarrass other schools. specifically ones we pay to play us.

As long as your not playing an FCS opponent I have no issue with running up the score.

bchilds420.

I'm betting you've never played football or any sport for that matter. taking page out of your play book and judging. do you know what happens when you run the score up on teams. the opposing players (some times) will start to head hunt. looking for cheap shots. we don't need that. stoops isn't the classiest coach out there and thank God he's not at Iowa. for those of you who love stoops, remember he walked into an elite program. easy to maintain.

so stay classy bchilds. Iowa doesn't need fans that want to embarrass other schools. specifically ones we pay to play us.

Actually, I played football, baseball, basketball, wrestled, all at Valley.

In the army I was on the All Army softball team. I also participate in MMA.

big time fail on your behalf.

Latest posts