NORVELL AND HEUPEL GONE...INTERESTED?

Why, exactly? I still think there's some bad blood from the whole KF/Stoops hiring fiasco, plus Kirk basically firing Chuck Long in 2000.

One Hawkeye fired, one promoted - "...Jerry Montgomery from defensive line coach to co-defensive coordinator."

I'm not so sure that either one would be an upgrade if we can't get better recruits into the program. They had A LOT to work with there at OU over the years.

"Donkey balls? Are they as good as Schwetty balls?"

??? er um ....you two get a room and let us know how they roll for ya.

No interest at all. Both of them weren't seen as assets at a top 10 National program and were let go. No difference than Greg Davis.

Stoops said this in the article that I found interesting. I wonder if he wants to go to a tougher running game like Bama, Ohio St, etc and throw the ball a little less.

"Stoops told reporters he has a clear vision for the offense."I've got a strong idea of where I want to go with it," he said."

I'll always be a Jay Norvell fan. Can still remember that game saving big hit he made back in the day against Michigan State as time was running out and they were on the verge of scoring.

The following summer I ran into him late one night in a bar in Waterloo. He was in town playing for a team from Iowa City in the State Slow Pitch Softball Tourney. He was very humble and gracious about the pats on the back we were giving him regarding that Game and his Hawkeye career. I asked him for his autograph and he said what do you want me to write. I told him just put "To Brian who taught me everything I know." signed Jay Novell. He laughed and did just that.

Latest posts