Northwestern

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
They are playing up today...but I think PSU looks like they started out flat. Their offense worries me, but I am so glad Iowa played its 'let down' game today and still won by 18...I would be totally shocked to see something like what we saw today, happen next week against Northwestern.

I would almost rather see NW stay close with PSU to the end and lose in heartbreaking fashion.

They are dinking and dunking down the field...its the type of offense that can get a lot of yards between the 20's vs Iowa.

We will DESTROY jNWU. They're one of the poorer teams in the conference, the game's in Kinnick, and they barely squeaked by a terrible Indiana team last week and -

oh.

They are playing up today...but I think PSU looks like they started out flat. Their offense worries me, but I am so glad Iowa played its 'let down' game today and still won by 18...I would be totally shocked to see something like what we saw today, happen next week against Northwestern.

I would almost rather see NW stay close with PSU to the end and lose in heartbreaking fashion.
Agreed with you, Jon. Close, tough loss for NW would be good for us. They are playing PSU tough right now. No gimmes for the Hawkeyes this year.

holy crap NW just pulled out a first down on a broken punt play...wow. Deep on their side of the field.

do you think Iowa will be ready to play next weekend? I just can't see them coming out flat again like today, but ya never know.

I think the let down game was today. No doubt that NW has had our #. A tight game against PSU will favor Iowa next week, without a doubt. As far as Iowa playing like this again, never.

Say what you want, Bucketochicken.

NW has a pretty good coach. As someone else here said, they don't typically self destruct and we might have a really tough time if we fall behind them compared to some other teams we have faced. I doubt our team will underestimate them, but I am sure many of our fan base will.

People I know in Chicago that know football know how good of a coach he is.

Boys, if you haven't caught on - we could lose to ANY of the teams left on our schedule. Analyze what Northwestern is doing today all you want, but the bottom line is they will play us tough and we'll have to make more plays than they do. That is what this Iowa team is!

To be honest, I don't think we're going to blow out anyone. What will probably happen is Northwestern will be up one and kneeling for the win and will kneel in the endzone for a safety or something like that.

I don't know what the rest of you are rooting for...But I think a Northwestern victory over PSU would be quite nice. That would upset PSU....and then they can go home next week and take it out on the Buckeyes in Happy Valley. As long as we take care of our home games....that would take away the pressure of having to win at Ohio State, because everyone else would have at least 2 big-ten losses. At the point, we win in Ohio State...and it's on the the BCS Championship game, with any luck.

I'm torn on who to root for. A Penn State loss hurts our SOS but then again it gives us a cushion for the conference (especially if the beat OSU). In fact if those two things happen, and a win vs NW gives us a share of the title. Penn State's running away with it now though so that won't happen.

Latest posts