Northwestern Roll Call

theboat, never got the secret nod but I was pretty busy trying to keep track of 4 boys so I might have missed it.

Nothing beats sitting at the top row of a section and still getting asked to sit down. Even when everyone else was standing I could hear them grumbling, I guess I was supposed to sit and not be able to see the game myself. I hope they enjoyed the foam #1 hands I bought all the boys to wave at the game. :D

Who asked you to sit down? People that walk around at the top? I was dying because no one seemed to want to stand,...or yell...or cheer. It was an odd crowd.

Who asked you to sit down? People that walk around at the top? I was dying because no one seemed to want to stand,...or yell...or cheer. It was an odd crowd.

Some older people, I thought they were up high enough to see over me. I felt bad so I only stood when the people in front of me stood even though I could still hear them complaining. During a game I like to stand and when I seen I had top row seats I thought I was golden until I got the tap on my shoulder.

Thats normal for an Iowa bball game...the average age is 106 years old and cheering is frowned upon

Also, you need to leave at least 10 minutes early to beat traffic

Last edited:
Some older people, I thought they were up high enough to see over me. I felt bad so I only stood when the people in front of me stood even though I could still hear them complaining. During a game I like to stand and when I seen I had top row seats I thought I was golden until I got the tap on my shoulder.

That is complte BS! There should have been no question that you could have stood at the top. They could have gone to their own damn seats!

Thats normal for an Iowa bball game...the average age is 106 years old and cheering is frowned upon

It was my first game there in many, many years. I don't remember it being like that in the Davis era. I was disappointed. Being the last game, senior day, effing NW, I expected a rockin' crowd. Nope. Not sure I'd go back if that's how it is. Or maybe they could let me sit with the students. Maybe to get better seats there would have to be tryouts for the ability to scream and cheer. Now I know what you all mean about the knitters.

I got growled at yesterday for standing and cheering as well. I really get sick and tired of these 90 year old grouches that come into Kinnick and Carver and do nothing but b!tch about other fans the whole game. Frankly, I'm glad when they leave with ten minutes left in the game. That's the only time I get to cheer without being reprimanded by a blue haired old hag.

I got growled at yesterday for standing and cheering as well. I really get sick and tired of these 90 year old grouches that come into Kinnick and Carver and do nothing but b!tch about other fans the whole game. Frankly, I'm glad when they leave with ten minutes left in the game. That's the only time I get to cheer without being reprimanded by a blue haired old hag.

Agreed. I don't understand why these people even go to the games.

I was at the Purdue game and was told to sit down BEFORE the opening tip! Game hadn't even started yet. It is annoying to say the least.

I agree, when I get to old to go or am unable to climb the steps then I am going to sit my arse at home with my big azzz HD tv where I have a better view. Part of the enjoyment of going to the game is being part of the crowd. If we all have to sit and politely clap all the time then I might as well stay home.

I agree, when I get to old to go or am unable to climb the steps then I am going to sit my arse at home with my big azzz HD tv where I have a better view. Part of the enjoyment of going to the game is being part of the crowd. If we all have to sit and politely clap all the time then I might as well stay home.

x1000, and I think this turns a lot of fans away.

theboat, never got the secret nod but I was pretty busy trying to keep track of 4 boys so I might have missed it.
D

I was the extremely handsome, almost statuesque gentleman that told you they did well when you were leaving.

They actually did do good, I would rather sit next to an 8 year old having a great time than an old man yelling "down in front."

I was the extremely handsome, almost statuesque gentleman that told you they did well when you were leaving.

They actually did do good, I would rather sit next to an 8 year old having a great time than an old man yelling "down in front."

You know I walked away wondering if that was you. Thanks for the compliment, one those boys about gave me a heart attack when he kept taking off. But had Oglesby made that shot I would have had them chanting "bubble burst" (I had them prepped for it). But they did have a blast and I bet those foam fingers annoyed the heck out of those people sitting above us. :D

Latest posts