Northwestern putting up points today

Why do we keep doing this? We all know the last 4 games are going to be a dogfight. If you are not prepared for that…then I don’t know what to tell you.

Everyone kind of wrote Northwestern off when Fitz was jettisoned, but that kind of adversity can galvanize a team. The players have obviously bought in to what the coaches are doing.

I have to admit, watching the first half I would jealously take Northwestern's offense everyday over ours. Maryland's D probably is not on our level, but NW's scheme is solid. They utilize a lot of misdirection and the coaches understand how to stress the D.

Everyone kind of wrote Northwestern off when Fitz was jettisoned, but that kind of adversity can galvanize a team. The players have obviously bought in to what the coaches are doing.

I have to admit, watching the first half I would jealously take Northwestern's offense everyday over ours. Maryland's D probably is not on our level, but NW's scheme is solid. They utilize a lot of misdirection and the coaches understand how to stress the D.
They can win the Big Ten West. A very favorable schedule.

It was good to be able to watch parts of a number of games. Some teams are continuing to improve during the season and others are making no progress. The biggest take away today is having a QB that can run and has speed. In the KS vs OU game the QB's both could extend drives with runs. The NW QB did not run as much but he was able to extend drives with short passes and run if necessary.

If Ferentz trots Hill out against NW it is going to get real ugly on the field and off the field. Hill's stats tells you everything about what is wrong with the Iowa offense and why it is worse today than 2 months ago. Iowa demonstrated against Minnesota that it has no passing game thereby making it impossible to try to run. Boy genius will try to run the same plays expecting different results vs NW.

Northwestern could win by double digits the way they are playing...that said Iowa has a better defense than Maryland,etc. All adds up to another dog fight.

Northwestern could win by double digits the way they are playing...that said Iowa has a better defense than Maryland,etc. All adds up to another dog fight.

Iowa could win 17-10 or they could lose 17-10. I am predicting they win 17-10.

In your opinion, who will be the starting quarterback? I am fascinated by this because it will tell you exactly where Kirk's head is at by who the starter is

Iowa could win 17-10 or they could lose 17-10. I am predicting they win 17-10.

In your opinion, who will be the starting quarterback? I am fascinated by this because it will tell you exactly where Kirk's head is at by who the starter is
I think Hill be shoved out there unfortunately. I'm likely still giving Iowa the benefit of the doubt, like you....17-10is is probably a good guess either way.

I think Hill be shoved out there unfortunately. I'm likely still giving Iowa the benefit of the doubt, like you....17-10is is probably a good guess either way.

I think it will be DH as well. But it would be such a baller move to have Labas start and Cooper Dejean running 5-7 wildcat plays. It would tell me exactly where their(Kirk and Brian) heads are at. They would know how this is going to end and they would have a "f*ck it, nothing to lose" sort of mentality and I would be so all in on that.

Wisconsin went toe to toe with OSU. They replaced their injured starter with a freshman. Not perfect, but not too bad, either. This would be a perfect time to give our freshman four star the starter position. We have seen this move by other teams. I guess Labas could be an option to Deacon, who is a positive guy and has given his best effort. He just is not a Power Five QB. No shame in that. I still think Joe may be injured. If he was healthy, I honestly believe KF would have given him a shot. Guesswork on my part about Joe? Absolutely.

Would we have to shorten the play list with a freshman? Maybe. So what. Obviously, our QB room is talent challenged. No excuse for that. Are Deacon and Joe the future? I sure hope they are not. Waste of time.
CMac will be way ahead of Deacon and Labas when he returns in 2024. Yes, I assume he will be healthy. So, give our potentially talented frosh a shot. Might be a good idea in prep for 2024. 2-2 the rest of this year? Yup.

NW is still a very shitty team. Everyone in the West is. Someone has to win these slap fights. NW may not be as crappy as we thought, but they are still a really, really bad team. They almost lost to Howard for F's sake.

Iowa just needs to out ugly NW on a sloppy, one way track played on hollowed grounds...

NW is still a very shitty team. Everyone in the West is. Someone has to win these slap fights. NW may not be as crappy as we thought, but they are still a really, really bad team. They almost lost to Howard for F's sake.

Iowa just needs to out ugly NW on a sloppy, one way track played on hollowed grounds...
The NW team that stomped Maryland last Saturday is not the same team that almost lost to Howard. Put on the film of last Saturday's game and you'll see a team playing with confidence, ability, and energy. Vegas started this this game basically as a toss-up, for good reason.

Latest posts