Norm Parker- one of most underrated coaches?

TalkHawk

Is NP one of the most underrated and underappreciated coaches in college football?

I know Hawk fans for the most part have an admiration for him.

You can not sit in a bar with a bunch of Hawk fans and not hear someone cry about Iowa not blitzing more though. That happens often.

But on a national scene, does he get the respect he deserves?

When you give Norm time to prepare for a bowl game, the other team will have very little success against his defense. Ask Georgia Tech. With his current front four, he does not have to blitz to be successful. When he does, it works.

Norm keeps his system as simple as possible. The kids believe in him and his system which allows them to have a lot of discipline and follow their assignments. I would rather a our defense make the other team work for 3 or 6 points rather than blitzing a lot and allowing big plays. Very rarely do we see deep throws or big runs against our defense and that is becausse we have our defenders where they should be to make the play. It's a great system for college kids to run that believe in the word team.

I don't think he is.He's well known in the football programs across the country.My only concern is when he retires I sure hope he is tutoring some one right now for when he leaves.