Norm Parker - Assistant of the Year

Just goes with what I've been thinking all along. This is a way to recognize Parker for his many great years as an assistant coach as he hangs is up after the bowl game.

You know the iorny in this is that it was once again our offense, not our defense that screwed the pooch.

No question our defense had major woes this season-- and I dont' necessarily disagree that maybe it's time for N.P. to retire. However, of all the injuries suffered on the team mostly were on the defensive side. Our defense kept us in that game Friday. It was once again our offense that failed to come through.

I share many of the sentiments about our defense and our scheme, etc but really the lions share of WTF's about the team are on the other side of the ball.

We knew before the 1st snap in September that it was going to be our defense that was weak this year and needed the offense for once to step up...... and oddely it was the defense that improved through out the year and kept us in more games than what our offense did

:(

If you read the announcement...sure sounds like a Lifetime Achievement award for him....saying nothing about this year but talking about his entire career here. I saw the guy get off the bus at Nebraska...it was really sad...he can hardly move.

Congrats to Norm!

I'm surprised he didn't receive this award during one of the past 3 seasons when his defenses were ranked in the top 10, but he is very deserving of it nonetheless.

Will be a cold day in hell before KOK ever receives this award, and sadly I don't believe it is KOK's fault.

Good to see him get it. The next question is where do we go from here? IF his replacement is already in place, does that mean it's PP? I didn't think he did a terrible job in Norm's absence. If it isn't him, who else would it be?

Apparently this award is 100% for off the field efforts, so good for Norm for his charitable work off the field, I think it would be a great idea for him to spend all of his time doing that and worrying about his health and hang it up from coaching. We need a young coach with some fire that can go out and recruit to revitalize and revamp our outdated schemes.

Honestly you could argue he did his best coaching job this year. At least in comparison to the last several years where he had way more returning players and overall talent. We all came into this year expecting the defense to take several steps back and while they did, they actually got better almost every week this season which is what you look for. I'd argue he did one of his better coaching jobs this year.

he has had some very good defenses, so well deserved. definetly not deserving the last two years, but over a career, yes.

You know the iorny in this is that it was once again our offense, not our defense that screwed the pooch.

No question our defense had major woes this season-- and I dont' necessarily disagree that maybe it's time for N.P. to retire. However, of all the injuries suffered on the team mostly were on the defensive side. Our defense kept us in that game Friday. It was once again our offense that failed to come through.

I share many of the sentiments about our defense and our scheme, etc but really the lions share of WTF's about the team are on the other side of the ball.

We knew before the 1st snap in September that it was going to be our defense that was weak this year and needed the offense for once to step up...... and oddely it was the defense that improved through out the year and kept us in more games than what our offense did

:(

Well said.

Latest posts