Non-Conference TV Info

TecmoSuperHawk

The BTN released their conference TV schedule the other day but only mentioned a handful of non-conference games. However in browsing through Iowa's schedule on Hawkeyesports.com there are at least 3 non-conference games the BTN will be airing.

Maryland Eastern Shore - Thursday 11/14 @6:00pm
Penn - Friday 11/22 @6:00pm
Fairleigh Dickinson - Monday 12/9 @6:00pm

No word yet on TV for the Drake game. Also saw we added Abilene Christian as our final non-conf opponent (part of the Battle 4 Atlantis). They are a newcomer to D1 this year from the Southland conference. I expect Mediacom will pick up this game and possibly 1-2 more, depending on how generous the Big Ten is feeling. Otherwise it's web stream only for a couple of the non-conf games.

IIRC, every game last year that wasnt shown on BTN was picked up by Mediacom.

IT really ticks me off that Mediascum gets these games. Mediascum is not available to many fans. I have been able to watch these games on line thanks to people posting the addresses. Why aren't the games offered to local stations?

Five games yet to have TV announced:

UNCW
UNO
ACU
Drake
UAPB

I'd assume UNO and Drake would be on BTN, as both are in the BTN's footprint. But I guess there's a reason I'm not in charge.

Five games yet to have TV announced:

UNCW
UNO
ACU
Drake
UAPB

I'd assume UNO and Drake would be on BTN, as both are in the BTN's footprint. But I guess there's a reason I'm not in charge.

The BTN footprint doesn't determine whether or not the game is televised. It is controlled by who has the broadcast rights for the game. I don't know the details of the TV rights for the Big 4 Classic. Last year the Iowa-UNI game was on the BTN as Iowa/B1G had broadcast rights for the game. Don't know what the contract calls for. Would be good to know.

The BTN would have rights to the UNCW, UNO, ACU and UAPB games. My guess is they end up online via BTN (with Mediacom possibly picking up those games).

Full non-conference TV schedule is finalized.

11/3: Augustana (Exhibition) - Mediacom22 & BTDN (Big Ten Digital Network)
11/8: UNC Wilmington - ESPN3
11/10: Nebraska-Omaha - ESPN3
11/14: MD Eastern Shore - BTN
11/17: Abilene Christian - MC22 & BTDN
11/22: Penn - BTN
11/28: Xavier - NBCSN
11/29: UTEP or Tennessee - NBCSN or AXS TV
11/30: Battle 4 Atlantis Game 3 - NBCSN or AXS TV
12/3: Notre Dame - ESPN2
12/7: Drake - MC22 & BTDN
12/9: Fairleigh Dickinson - BTN
12/13: Iowa State - ESPNU
12/22: Arkansas Pine Bluff - ESPN3

Some things of note. ESPN3 is carrying 3 games. First time ever Iowa has appeared on ESPN3 exclusively. This is ESPN's web streaming service.

Mediacom picked up all 3 of the games on BTDN, which is good if you have Mediacom. If not, you have to pay $10 per month for BTDN (don't understand why these aren't on BTN2GO) or look for a semi-legal web stream.

I have directv which is not listed as a particpating provider for the watch espn app. Anyone else have this problem? How do you still watch the games on espn3?

I have directv which is not listed as a particpating provider for the watch espn app. Anyone else have this problem? How do you still watch the games on espn3?

I was wondering the same thing. I'm pretty sure you have to get your internet through a cable company also to stream it. Might be the first time I am scrambling to watch the games. It was easier just getting the BTN subscription and streaming that.

I have Windstream for my internet provider and they dropped ESPN3 last spring. So it looks like I will see only 3 games on line. I wonder what will happen when the Big gets the two new teams. Will some conference games be only online?

Like I have told you before the football section enjoys your crap much more than we do. There is much more negative stuff to troll everyone with over there so I do not understand why you even bother here.

I miss the old days where you knew every game was going to be on TV.
I'm old enough to remember the old Iowa Basketball Network, or what ever it was called. There were like 5 stations across the state that banded together and would broadcast any game that was not on network television. I think KWWL was one of them.

Of course, this is pre-ESPN/mega-channel cable.

GO HAWKS!!!

I'm old enough to remember the old Iowa Basketball Network, or what ever it was called. There were like 5 stations across the state that banded together and would broadcast any game that was not on network television. I think KWWL was one of them.

Of course, this is pre-ESPN/mega-channel cable.

GO HAWKS!!!

Yep, my early days of watching the Hawks were on KWWL that had a guy doing the games with a catchy phrase he used. I was trying to think of it this morning. Was it Ka-Boom?

Like I have told you before the football section enjoys your crap much more than we do. There is much more negative stuff to troll everyone with over there so I do not understand why you even bother here.

RAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...what did gordonearl ever do to you? Give the guy a break.

random+gif+_00f013c9f32bd43fa6cf9598aef9f612.gif