Non Conf over thankfully can Iowa improve in Big 10 season?

Saginawbay

Non-Conf is over, and that is good news not a good non-conf season!! Two home loses is not something any Iowa fan expected. Plus the fact we won turnover battle with ISU and had a 200 yard rusher, and lost something rare as well.

What was the problem in the non-conference we just never seem too make a play when needed, on offense,defense,speacial teams, any phase of the game.

Moving forward what are three items Iowa must improve to have a winning record in conf play?

1. QB play JVB is just average at best, and does not make a difference.
  2. Receivers must catch the ball seeing improvement, but more is needed.
  3. Identify at least 1 difference maker on both offense and defense and 1 on speacial teams.

The Big Ten is average at best this year so 5-3 not out of the question, but going too need big improvement from everyone!!

With as bad as the Big10 is, maybe we are just now hitting the "easy" portion of our schedule......

I think the next game is going to be very telling as to how the rest of the B1G season goes. If we lose and look as lost as we did last Saturday I don't see anymore wins. But I'll still be watching.

Non-Conf is over, and that is good news not a good non-conf season!! Two home loses is not something any Iowa fan expected. Plus the fact we won turnover battle with ISU and had a 200 yard rusher, and lost something rare as well.

Thank God we won the turnover battle-that's just as good as a win!

I think the next game is going to be very telling as to how the rest of the B1G season goes. If we lose and look as lost as we did last Saturday I don't see anymore wins. But I'll still be watching.

Would agree next week might make or break season?

Non Conf over thankfully can Iowa improve in Big 10 season?

I'm thankful the non-conf is over, too. That slate was brutal.

Can Iowa "improve" in the B1G. Of course! Can they win any more games as a result of that "improvement". Probably not.

WOOT Phil Steele!

We lost last year when we had a 200 yard rusher against Minnesota. When your QB is not good, running for 200 yards doesn't mean all that much.
We schedule cupcakes in the non-con to ensure we get enough wins so we can keep rolling out magical 7-5 seasons under KF. Coming out with less than 3 wins is not only unacceptable, it's embarrassing.

I think Central Michigan is the worst team we will face this year.....and we lost.....at home.

So what's that saying? We beat NIU who wasn't the worst, away. Losing 1 game doesn't give the outcome of an entire season. We will play better.

I see us with a decent chance vs PSU and Indiana. Beyond that I don't we can beat anyone.

Revising preseason prediction of 7-5 to 4-8

I think Central Michigan is the worst team we will face this year.....and we lost.....at home.

Don't sleep on those chippy Chippewas. They're coming off consecutive 3-W seasons but Coach K warned us in his presser last week, "it's a week where we have to be really right on point to have any success." After all, records mean little in judging a team and they actually beat NIU last season, who, you remember Coach K telling us how, "They've had success for a long period of time, but last two years won 22 ballgames, 15 1 in the MAC. They've done a great job the last couple years. Excellent football team."

Anyway, I'm thinking, except for Nebraska and maybe Michigan (but they're also just 2-2, same as Hawks) and maybe MichST (they needed a 14-pt 4th qtr to pull away from pesky, 0-4 E-Mich) the brutal MAC / MVC part of the slate is behind the Hawks and they can really take care of business in the weak B1G.

If not, I'm dreading that they will have to face another MAC team in early December, most likely another power-house directional Michigan team, that will be no picnic!

I'm shocked Deinhart from the BTN still has Iowa listed in his bowl predictions. Maybe he didn't watch this weekends game...

I think a lot of people are seeing the current product and not taking in to consideration that this team will grow and get better each week and how well the Hawks usually do in conference play. The season isn't based off of 4 games.

I think a lot of people are seeing the current product and not taking in to consideration that this team will grow and get better each week and how well the Hawks usually do in conference play. The season isn't based off of 4 games.

I really hope you are right.

As pathetic as Saturday was and Vandenberg has been, Im hopeful Iowa can put it together. The good is the Oline is a good group and Weisman is here to stay, hes a good RB that dominated CMU like he should. The Iowa Dline is good enough, the LB's are good enough and corners are good enough. Iowa's safetys are terrible, hopefully they can improve.

Tell me more about this "TEAM improvement". I see it in the OL and Weisman is a solid football player (although, as high as he runs and as much as he initiates impact, it's a matter of time before Garmon, Malloy or Canzeri -- a bunch of 180#-ers are back on the field). Other than that, as of game 4, the defense went backward (and was exposed in how CMU -- the 81st ranked offense in the country -- man-handled them), JVB is stagnate in his inconsistency, kickoff returns are somewhere between the Keystone Cops and the bottom 10% nationally.

All of HN doesn't have enough vCash to cover the "Come" your betting on.

Iowa really hasn't gotten better as the season goes on since 2009. And really only two or three times since 2004.

Latest posts