No TV for ISU v. Iowa in Chicago....

Give Merkle's a call. They carry every Iowa game.

Here is the rub. The wife is out of town that weekend and I have a small child. I am praying a sitter is available. Othwerwise, the little one might get her first visit to a bar. I am sure they have chicken fingers...

Here is the rub. The wife is out of town that weekend and I have a small child. I am praying a sitter is available. Othwerwise, the little one might get her first visit to a bar. I am sure they have chicken fingers...

Take the kid! I took my 3 year old daughter to BWW last year and she loved it, keeps asking to go back.

Never heard of it, but will certainly look into it. That is available on regular Comcast? Can you just buy individual games? Thanks for the hope!

Comcast Sports Net Plus is like the Big Ten Network Alternate channels. You only get programming on the channel when there is a conflict and 2 games air at the same time. This happens a lot in Chicago because the Cubs, White Sox, Bulls and Blackhawks play a lot of games on CSN. So for example if the Cubs and White Sox each play at 7pm on a given night, one of the games is on CSN, the other on CSN+. Comcast certainly carries the alternate channel, but I don't know the channel number.

Comcast Sports Net Plus is like the Big Ten Network Alternate channels. You only get programming on the channel when there is a conflict and 2 games air at the same time. This happens a lot in Chicago because the Cubs, White Sox, Bulls and Blackhawks play a lot of games on CSN. So for example if the Cubs and White Sox each play at 7pm on a given night, one of the games is on CSN, the other on CSN+. Comcast certainly carries the alternate channel, but I don't know the channel number.

Thanks. Have you seen somewhere that they are airing the game, or are you just assuming so based upon prior experience?

Thanks. Have you seen somewhere that they are airing the game, or are you just assuming so based upon prior experience?

This was posted earlier in the summer,and I believe their was some confirmation. Maybe Comcast has a website? Ok, I checked ComcastSportsNet's web site ,and they do not list that they will broadcast the Iowa-ISU game on ComcastSportsNetPlus,while they do list other events (like Cubs games) that conflict with other games (like Sox games) as being shown on ComcastSportsNetPlus.

With DirectTV my option is to order the Sports package for Sept which will give me access to the other Sportsnet channels,which I presume would allow me to get the ISU-Iowa game. I agree about the Big 12 Foxsports package,this is always a problem in Chicago.

Last edited:

Matt Sarz is the guru of all things college football/basketball on TV. I use his site. I did post this during the summer as another poster indicated. But instead of trying to find that thread, I'll give you the link to Matt's site.

http://mattsarzsports.com/2011/coveragenotes/fsn.htm

Find the Iowa-Iowa State game and scroll to the right and under CSNChi he has PLUS, indicating it will be on CSN+. Should be in HD too.

Matt Sarz is the guru of all things college football/basketball on TV. I use his site. I did post this during the summer as another poster indicated. But instead of trying to find that thread, I'll give you the link to Matt's site.

Find the Iowa-Iowa State game and scroll to the right and under CSNChi he has PLUS, indicating it will be on CSN+. Should be in HD too.

Good find,tecmo. I checked comcastsportsnet,and they did not list the Iowa-ISU game,but hopefully, your source is accurate.

On that chart, does an x indicate that the channel is showing the game or that it isn't? I'm looking at Fox Sports Southwest and there's an x by the Iowa-Iowa State game; I'm not sure if that means the game will be shown or it won't. My assumption is that it will be, but that site gave me pause.

Does anyone know how this works in eastern Iowa? I have Dish Network and have gotten Cubs games, Bulls games, etc on Comcast+, so I am assuming that is how this will work? And I'm also assuming I get the game?
Man the Big 12 really does suck.

If I have Longlines out of Sioux City does it carry it? I am getting nervous about my Games for the year now. Any help would be appreciated.

Latest posts