No New tOSU Scanctions?

Pretty ballsy of him to outright say that to recruits when the NCAA hasn't finalized everything. That right there should **** off the NCAA and make them rethink their plan to not impose more sanctions. Of course, that would require the NCAA to grow a backbone, and that's not going to happen.

This doesn't have to be true for him to say it. All he has to say is that as far as he knows nothing else is going to happen, then if the NCAA imposes a year bowl ban or something then he can say, well that is not what I was told, those guys lied to me and most likely his players will believe him. And a reduction in scholarships isn't going to cause a recruit to decommit or not commit.

I think there was a similar sentiment at USC when Kiffin was hired that the NCAA sanctions would be very light.

That didn't work out so well for USC.....

Pretty ballsy of him to outright say that to recruits when the NCAA hasn't finalized everything. That right there should **** off the NCAA and make them rethink their plan to not impose more sanctions. Of course, that would require the NCAA to grow a backbone, and that's not going to happen.

The main thing that drives the NCAA's actions is $$$$$$. If they can bring the hammer down on a school they will, UNLESS it means they won't be making as much $$$$$$$. It's really ******* sad, sick, and pathetic, IMO.

Exactly what else were people wanting? They got tattoos.
For me its not the tattoos as much as the cover up and deception.
And no, vacated wins doesn't make up for it after it was questioned and covered up.
The rules are pretty black and white and the penalties should be as well.
If you knowingly cover **** up for 3 yrs you get punished the same amount of time. If 10% of your team was involved you lose 10% of your schollies for said period of time. Its not mean, hateful etc. etc. its the penalty that matches the "crime" that was determined by the transgressor by their actions.
Simple, effective detterents for breaking the rules.

He knew before he took the job that he would be okay. I don't see this as much news.

Exactly. To my mind this seems to smack of a little corruption within the NCAA itself. Handing out this information to a potential coach before he is even hired so that he and to$u can put themselves in the best possible position......hmmm.

Latest posts