No more PTL

I get it - there's not a lot to be thrilled with the program, and I get that we need to be up in arms and upset over everything, but look at it this way. Iowa plays 31-32 games a year. There are now 20 B1G games. That leaves 11-12 dates. Iowa plays pretty much every season in an exempt tournament, where they typically get a couple built in bad teams for home games that are a little out of their control. Like the 2K Classic this season. They then get 2 to 3 games against other good programs. They also have a home and away deal with ISU. They also are part of the Gavitt Games (though they've been off the last 2 seasons, but won't be going forward). They also have the ACC/B1G challenge. That leaves only 3 or 4 games tops and they are pay games. Meaning, we have to pay teams to come in and play Iowa and they need them to be at home. I REALLY hope they continue to play UNI and Drake, and I imagine they will try - but it's tight for Iowa's scheduling now and they hold all the cards. They don't need to go to Drake or UNI. Drake and UNI need to come to IC.

I understand and am not upset they got out of the classic, just hoping they get decent matchups of interest to replace it. Just seems like there are a lot of other teams making good matchups happen. Always seems like MSU, Indiana etc have games vs quality opponents on national TV preconference. It will be interesting to see if the new conference schedule changes any of their schedules.