No more ESPN3?

This is right on the page where your "get access"

Get 24/7 live streaming access to your favorite ESPN networks on your smartphone and tablet via the WatchESPN App* or online at WatchESPN.com

Catch all the action from ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, ESPN Buzzer Beater, and ESPN Goal Line including college football, college basketball, Monday Night Football, international soccer, SportsCenter, PTI, and much more.

I'm thinking we're all going to be SOL.

The schedule goes 7 days out so I won't know until September 2nd? They listed watchespn.com on the advertisement for MNF. I don't know if that guarantees anything.

It may not appear blocked but I'm guessing when it comes to game time the feed of espn3, via watchespn will be blacked out. Awesome.

It may not appear blocked but I'm guessing when it comes to game time the feed of espn3, via watchespn will be blacked out. Awesome.

espn3 is now a source of exclusive content. This means that it will be anotherprogram specific to espn3. The reason the game is blacked out on espn3 is because they will have their own game. THe streaming site where you can watch other network programming is now watchespn.com.

That is what they said in one of the videos.

I'm pretty confused after reading all this, but I think some definitions are needed.

WatchESPN = Online simulcast of broadcast ESPN channels (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU) and ESPN3 (online only)

ESPN3 = online channel with different content than broadcast tv channels

In the past ESPN3 did show games that were also airing on broadcast tv, however, ESPN has changed this to only provide content not elsewhere seen.

The change is mainly to force cable providers not providing WatchESPN to its customers to do so. ESPN is probably hoping for some customer demand to drive the change. I think.

Go Hawks!

I'm pretty confused after reading all this, but I think some definitions are needed.

WatchESPN = Online simulcast of broadcast ESPN channels (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU) and ESPN3 (online only)

ESPN3 = online channel with different content than broadcast tv channels

In the past ESPN3 did show games that were also airing on broadcast tv, however, ESPN has changed this to only provide content not elsewhere seen.

The change is mainly to force cable providers not providing WatchESPN to its customers to do so. ESPN is probably hoping for some customer demand to drive the change. I think.

Go Hawks!

I think this is accurate.

But really what's the incentive for cable/sat providers to sign up? I can see why an internet provider would want to be able to market that you can access ESPN3 but not sure cable/sat providers are going to see it the same. It'll be interesting to see if DTV or Mediacom sign up.

Not sure why ESPN has espn3 and watchespn.....I bet they will be combining them into one site in the near future.

Not sure why ESPN has espn3 and watchespn.....I bet they will be combining them into one site in the near future.

I think this is exactly why, so they could separate the programming. I don't see any reason why they'd merge them. They're going to be getting the internet providers paying for ESPN3 and the cable/sat provider paying for watchespn.

granted some might drop ESPN3 because of this news.

Last edited:
I guess the next valid question is, did firstrowsports ever get set back up after the fed raid last year?

I'm more concerned about whether they'll decide to do the same with basketball. I'll be at all of Iowa's home games, but there were several times last year when I had to use ESPN3 to watch road games.

My friend, it is all about the European sites. Anything ending in ".eu" instead of ".com" is a good bet. Do not download anything, and you can find streams of basketball, football often, and especially UFC. I always use Nutjob.eu - for the ufc fights.

Wiziwig.tv | UFC/Fighting | Watch live and free: UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen II
this is a good site to get started and find the sports you want.

Here is another exceptional link- Live Sports | Sports Streaming | Watch Live Sports

choose from tons and tons of sports and who is broadcasting. So you can watch "espn's" camera at event. And for the most part are all hd. I go from my laptop to my tv via hdmi and enjoy.

Latest posts