No more ESPN3?

This sucks because I was just about to cancel my cable because sporting events were the only thing I watched it for.

From what I've read, basically anything that's available on any of the ESPN networks will no longer be available on ESPN3. Only watchESPN.com. None of the current providers in Des Moines are linked up with watchespn.com. SO games that aren't on ESPN network (like Iowa vs NIU for example) will be available on ESPN3.

EDIT: Guess maybe Iowa NIU wont be on ESPN according to what i posted below. Is it on ESPNU?

This week's games on ESPN 3:

9/01 12:00 PM EDT Ohio vs. Penn State
(BLACKED OUT ON ESPN3 - VIEW MAP)
ESPN

ESPN3
9/01 12:00 PM EDT Northwestern vs. Syracuse
ESPN2

ESPN3
9/01 12:00 PM EDT Western Michigan vs. Illinois
ESPNU

ESPN3
9/01 12:00 PM EDT Buffalo vs. #6 Georgia
ESPN3
9/01 12:30 PM EDT Elon vs. North Carolina
ESPN3
9/01 1:00 PM EDT Fort Valley State vs. Delta State
ESPN3
9/01 2:00 PM EDT Texas-San Antonio vs. South Alabama (Exclusive)
ESPN3
9/01 3:00 PM EDT Richmond vs. Virginia
ESPN3
9/01 3:00 PM EDT William & Mary vs. Maryland (Exclusive)
ESPN3
9/01 3:30 PM EDT Bowling Green vs. #23 Florida
ESPN

ESPN3
9/01 3:30 PM EDT Iowa vs. Northern Illinois
ESPNU

ESPN3
9/01 3:30 PM EDT Miami (Fla) vs. Boston College
ESPN3
9/01 6:00 PM EDT Murray State vs. #7 Florida State (Exclusive)
ESPN3
9/01 6:00 PM EDT Youngstown State vs. Pittsburgh (Exclusive)
ESPN3
9/01 6:30 PM EDT Liberty vs. Wake Forest (Exclusive)
ESPN3
9/01 7:00 PM EDT Lamar vs. Louisiana-Lafayette
ESPN3
9/01 7:00 PM EDT Southeastern Louisiana vs. Missouri
ESPN3
9/01 7:00 PM EDT Central Arkansas vs. Mississippi
ESPN3
9/01 7:00 PM EDT Robert Morris vs. North Dakota State
ESPN3
9/01 7:00 PM EDT Austin Peay vs. Western Kentucky (Exclusive)
ESPN3
9/01 7:00 PM EDT Jackson State vs. Mississippi State
ESPN3
9/01 7:00 PM EDT Jacksonville State vs. #10 Arkansas
ESPN3
9/01 7:00 PM EDT Florida International vs. Duke (Exclusive)
ESPN3
9/01 7:00 PM EDT Chattanooga vs. South Florida (Exclusive)
ESPN3
9/01 10:30 PM EDT Arkansas State vs. #5 Oregon (Spanish)
E

So does this men when some other teams games are running into overtime, that we are screwed from jumping on ESPN3 to watch the beginning of our games that are going to start on time?

Cable companies are going to make it very tough for the cord cutters. Hulu is doing something similar. Basically, in order to watch anything online you also have to pay for it through your cable or satellite.

The best thing about ESPN3 was you could always watch the other major games that were not in your coverage area. I'll check it out this weekend, but I will most likely be cancelling my xbox live account.

Hopefully now that this change is happening either DTV or Mediacom picks up watchespn.com

You can get watchespn.com if you have mediacom highspeed internet. I do not pay for cable and still have access to the site. Tested it last weekend it works just fine.

See if your internet provider is listed here: WatchESPN FAQ

It is actually the BTN have the toughest time getting. I was going to use a dish login to stream the games on that network but we will see how that goes...

Last edited:
You can get watchespn.com if you have mediacom highspeed internet. I do not pay for cable and still have access to the site. Tested it last week nd it works just fine.

See if your internet provider is listed here: WatchESPN FAQ

It is actually the BTN have the toughest time getting. I was going to use a dish login to stream the games on that network but we will see how that goes...

ESPN3 Participating Providers

espn3 and watchespn.com are different.

watchespn is exclusively through television providers, not internet.

Current providers that offer Watchespn.com

WatchESPN requires a video subscription from an affiliated provider. Currently they include Time Warner Cable, Bright House Networks, Verizon FiOS TV and Comcast Xfinity TV.

I have it running on my computer right now. Try it out. Here is a quote fromthe website.

"Access to live programming on the ESPN3 channel of WatchESPN.com is available at no additional cost to fans with subscriptions to participating high speed internet service providers. Click HERE to view a complete list of participating providers."

I have it running on my computer right now. Try it out. Here is a quote fromthe website.

"Access to live programming on the ESPN3 channel of WatchESPN.com is available at no additional cost to fans with subscriptions to participating high speed internet service providers. Click HERE to view a complete list of participating providers."

yeah, you're watching espn3 ON watchespn.com.

I'm not 100% sure but pretty sure you wont get the good programming.

go to watchespn.com then click "get access"

See that the only providers that show up are mediacom, DTV, DISH, and Vision systems TV.

Like I said, i'm still not really sure how it's going to work but my understanding is anything that is on ESPN networks you're going to have to sign up through your cable/satellite provider to be able to watch on the internet.

Latest posts