No more Dakich on ESPN

Good I'm glad he is gone. When he talking it was like taking your fingers across a chalk board. How he talked you thought he was john wooden. But he is a bad man on the stick

Good I'm glad he is gone. When he talking it was like taking your fingers across a chalk board. How he talked you thought he was john wooden. But he is a bad man on the stick
Can you imagine a broadcast team of Dakich and Beth Mowins? It would be a combination of the fingers/blackboard and rubbing a scouring pad over panty hose.

I have a feeling this will go over well. He wasn't exactly liked by most. Dude burned some bridges in the coaching community hence why he's had to become a talking head. At times I've enjoyed his bluntness. But he's just such a dick in every way. He thinks he knows what's in players heads and ever since his 2 cents on Woodbury after the eye poking deal I've got no love lost for that guy

The real question is, why can't this parting of the ways happen to Meth Bowins...

I mean, I don't wish her any negativity because she's probably a good person and I don't think she's ever been a malicious douche bag, but she's just terrible at announcing games doesn't know basic football nuances, and her voice is migraine inducing. It's like someone gave Willie Nelson a bunch of helium and asked him to announce a football game.

Am I the only one who kind of liked his announcing? I mean, yes, it took a while for him to grow on me. I appreciated that he didn't sugarcoat anything. Too many thin skinned pussies out there today. Just look at that tree hugging professor in the article. It is so nauseating.

Am I the only one who kind of liked his announcing? I mean, yes, it took a while for him to grow on me. I appreciated that he didn't sugarcoat anything. Too many thin skinned pussies out there today. Just look at that tree hugging professor in the article. It is so nauseating.
If that was the whole story to him yeah his bluntness is a much needed thing in todays world of coddled athletes. But he's got skeletons that go deeper then that and he's such a dick. I think he'd said some things about Fran that weren't exactly on the up and up either over the years. I can't say I'd miss him at all. He's got a small circle of fans in Indiana let them have him.

If that was the whole story to him yeah his bluntness is a much needed thing in todays world of coddled athletes. But he's got skeletons that go deeper then that and he's such a dick. I think he'd said some things about Fran that weren't exactly on the up and up either over the years. I can't say I'd miss him at all. He's got a small circle of fans in Indiana let them have him.
After Keith Jackson and a couple of others, I have no real interest in sports commentators. I do like to listen to the BT network guys.

After Keith Jackson and a couple of others, I have no real interest in sports commentators. I do like to listen to the BT network guys.
It's so bad... It's turned into everyone wanting to predict the next play and dissect the previous one and 2nd guess the coaches on everything that that's all it even is There's only so much time inbetween plays that that's all they do. They want to sound smarter then the next guy about everything.

I've enjoyed what the Mannings are doing on MNF lately but mostly because I've had no rooting interest in the game itself. Couldn't have cared less bout that but those knuckle heads are entertaining and funny. Now if they are doing a game I care about or the Super Bowl then no I wouldn't get down with what they are doing. For now it's just a nice change of pace and something different.

Obviously this is leaning more towards the football side of it. But basketball isn't a lot different. Give me Hubie Brown I wish he did college.

I kind of liked him too.

It's so bad... It's turned into everyone wanting to predict the next play and dissect the previous one and 2nd guess the coaches on everything that that's all it even is There's only so much time inbetween plays that that's all they do. They want to sound smarter then the next guy about everything.

I've enjoyed what the Mannings are doing on MNF lately but mostly because I've had no rooting interest in the game itself. Couldn't have cared less bout that but those knuckle heads are entertaining and funny. Now if they are doing a game I care about or the Super Bowl then no I wouldn't get down with what they are doing. For now it's just a nice change of pace and something different.

Obviously this is leaning more towards the football side of it. But basketball isn't a lot different. Give me Hubie Brown I wish he did college.
Hubie is incredible at breaking down x's and o's but what is he now? Mid to late eighties? He's several years older than Dick Vitale I do know that.

Dakich was as smug as a player as he is as an announcer. He was Brad Davison or his (Dan's) teammate Alford with about 20% of their talent.

His claim to fame was holding Michael Jordan to fourteen points in Jordan's last NCAA game. He has gotten even more run out of that than Lafester Rhodes did for his unconscious performance against Iowa one year.

Dakich was as smug as a player as he is as an announcer. He was Brad Davison or his (Dan's) teammate Alford with about 20% of their talent.

His claim to fame was holding Michael Jordan to fourteen points in Jordan's last NCAA game. He has gotten even more run out of that than Lafester Rhodes did for his unconscious performance against Iowa one year.

Yep.

The guy knows basketball and has some good observations...but he's abrasive as hell. A number of Bob Knight protegees share the same qualities...starting with an inflated sense of self.

I think he'd said some things about Fran that weren't exactly on the up and up either over the years.
Disclaimer: I’m a big Fran fan.

Re: anyone talking shit about Fran, you can criticize his coaching style, temper, etc., but it takes a slimeball to criticize his character. Fran is by everyone’s account a top notch integrity guy. He goes to war with officials and anyone else for his players, he’s a vocal critic of cheating and even of grey area stuff like what Pitino and Calipari do. But one thing I really, really respect the guy for is how he never takes shots at anyone who in reality deserves it. When Dolph fucked up talking about Maishe Dailey on a hot mic, Fran just let it speak for itself. When CJ bailed on us for Calipari and lied about the situation, Fran let the situation speak for itself. Never got down to the level he was getting attacked from.

Slam the guy for his coaching and coaching style all you want, but don’t go after the guy in a personal level. Fran has more integrity and basketball knowledge in his left pinky than Dakich has in his whole body.

Hubie is incredible at breaking down x's and o's but what is he now? Mid to late eighties? He's several years older than Dick Vitale I do know that.
Yeah I'm afraid we may not have him around much longer. He'll do it till he literally can't though he loves it. I imagine he won't be traveling a ton though.

Disclaimer: I’m a big Fran fan.

Re: anyone talking shit about Fran, you can criticize his coaching style, temper, etc., but it takes a slimeball to criticize his character. Fran is by everyone’s account a top notch integrity guy. He goes to war with officials and anyone else for his players, he’s a vocal critic of cheating and even of grey area stuff like what Pitino and Calipari do. But one thing I really, really respect the guy for is how he never takes shots at anyone who in reality deserves it. When Dolph fucked up talking about Maishe Dailey on a hot mic, Fran just let it speak for itself. When CJ bailed on us for Calipari and lied about the situation, Fran let the situation speak for itself. Never got down to the level he was getting attacked from.

Slam the guy for his coaching and coaching style all you want, but don’t go after the guy in a personal level. Fran has more integrity and basketball knowledge in his left pinky than Dakich has in his whole body.
Yeah when it comes to everything you'd want your coach to be Fran is that and then some. Every player he's ever had doesn't have a bad word to say about him either. It's why when Devyn Marble said awhile ago that he had no relationship with the program anymore it was surprising. You can bet your bottom dollar Fran got on the phone and started to make things right with that. So fast forward and I think just a week or two ago Marble and his family was back in town for the honoring of Roy being put in the Iowa HOF and everything seems good again.

Nobody besides Fran gets credit for that. But you wouldn't hear anything of the sort. He doesn't puff his chest out about it. He was probably pissed at himself for it getting to the point that it did with Devyn feeling upset with things. That wasn't on Fran though with how Barta and the school were treating the honoring of Roy. But Fran probably felt he shoulda had better communication with Devyn about it all.

Devyn is knocking down almost 900k playing ball in Isreal btw. He's doing quite alright for himself.

Sorry, but I listen to his Saturday shows on SiriusXM as often as I can.
He's blunt and refreshing. Great insight and usually spot-on.
Not a corporate Toady by any means.

When it comes to listening to him call a game, his voice is gravely and difficult to listen to.